First night in cloth....NOT GOOD!!

BabyHaines

Mummy to baby George!!
Reaction score
Right, thought we'd try out the bumhuggers tonight, and they seem like a nice fit. Originally I opted for a fleecy wrap I have, which fitted over nicely, but is it normal to have such bulk??
I have boostedthe BH with a bamboo insert in the pocket and an additional fleece liner and have swapped the wrap to a modern baby one I have, which is much thinner, but when he's laying flat, he seems 'bum high!!'
Hmmmmm,help?!

I wouldnt bother boosting the bumhugger. I dont and he goes 12 hours in it. I also wouldnt bother with extra fleece liner but its not going to add much bulk if you leave it there. Other than that if hes happy dont worry about it. When Theo wears his WNNN it looks kinda funny but he can easily turn from his back onto his side and it doesnt bother him at all so its all good.

Oh ok. That's good to know. I knew it would be bulkier, but didn't want him to be uncomfy. I've swaddled him and he's just gone off, so I won't bother taking the booster out, but he will probably wake after about 4-5hrs, so I won't worry with a booster/liner when I change him.
OMG, you lucky thing - 12hrs!! Ahhhh, heaven!!xx

he dont sleep that long I just dont change him as he doesnt wake enough when he feeds at night to do it lol.

Ah, I see!! I change him because he was in 'sposies and I could smell the wee.....Eugh :o

hijacking the thread here...i dont change Harry in the night eaither he doesnt pee to much! think i'll be ok when i evencually go on too cloth for bed time! Good luck anyway hehehe x

I usually change him twice - I must be mad!!
Maybe I won't need to in the BH.

Talking of not smelling things.....My poor boy has tummy issues (hence our stay in hospital etc.) Anyhoo, it can mean he gets a bit 'bunged up' and when that happens 'if' he manages to pass wind, it is really whiffy.
I was on the bus today (hubby has my car) and was taking George to docs, as he's been bunged up again. The motion of the bus bumping all over the place seemed to get his tummy moving and he started to pass lots of wind....well, thank the lord for cloth nappies as I think we would've been in big smelly trouble had he been in 'sposies with a bus full of people....

:rofl: bless him :hugs: i wouldnt worry about him being booty high!! when daisy was weenie going overnight in cloth was hillarious!! we used Nappies by minki pockets and they were HUUUUGE!!! LOL

lol K is like this in his pop ins with all the boosters, he's like a weeble with his legs in the air haha!
he's got a bedbug on tonight and that was ever so slightly less massive!
ive got a bumhugger on the way, looking forward to trying it out!

Molly sleeps on a pillow from her waist up so it balances fat bum issues out :D

Oh dear indeed..... :(

Not a good first go overnight....Oops!!

Well basically, he leaked through two BH, the first one he poo'ed in and it was wet and mucky round his legs, the second one the nappy was absolutely sodden.....so much so, his entire back was soaked through, and so now is my bedsheet!! Eurgh!!

Oh bugger. They seem like a good fit round his legs too. He is just a really heavy wetter at night.
I had a Modern Baby wrap over it, do maybe I should try my fleece wrap tonight (I swapped due to bulk issues....!!)

Two full goes and a couple of rinses.
I did wonder if it was something like that??
How many timesdo you do yours??

if it's a hemp one you need a few more washes honey.

bamboo and hemp need a good 8-10 prewashes before they reach absorbency

lots because its hemp, takes a heap more washing to get it up to absorbency. Mine have been through the machine a good 8 times and soaked in a bucket overnight too.
Sounds like whatever wrap you had on it is a bit rubbish too really. Did it cover all the nappy and sit snuggly against his back and legs?

i use disana wool pants over audrey's bumhuggers and they work really well as some of the wee evaporates (mmmm breathe in that good wee... :haha: )

i start the first half of the night with her in a bamboozle stretch and then at about 3am (she drinks a lot and wakes enough to make it worthwhile in the night) i change her into her bumhugger which has a bamboo booster in it. it feels sodden in the morning but her bum is dry.

i pre-washed the bumhuggers only once and they've since had about 5 more washes so it'll still be a while till they're fully absorbant.

i'd really recommend the disana woollies, i love them !

OMG.....8-10!! Ok.....that might be the problem!!

I was thinking about wool too, I'll have a looksie.

Right, so they are in the wash now. Do they need to dry completely before they go on another wash?? Am I ok to just wash them at 30??
Also, should I soak them overnight too??xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->