first night in own room *updated night 2*

amie-leigh

Mummy To Princess Morgan
Reaction score
well last night i took the plunge and put her in her cot in her room and boy do i wish i hadnt bothered,
she woke about 6 times, eerytime just as i was dozing off

then at 6am!!! SIL phones and woke morgan again :growlmad::growlmad:

anyone else find first night terrible or any tips on making it easier? she hasbeen having naps there for about a week happily

xx

*updated*
well LO slept all night (10pm - 6am) in her cot in her own room :happydance::happydance: i woke at 6am went to check her and she was awake babbling to her teddy comforter all smiles when she saw me :)

i hope its like that all the time x

:hugs: I don't have any advice but i hope things get easier for 4 u soon xx

Hi-I feel your pain we tried this for the first time last night as LO is too big for his Moses basket-his head right up at the top!! He has also hada few daytime naps in it and been ok. Anyway he wouldn't settle. In the end was in our bed as wouldn't settle in the Moses basket either. He normally sleeps 10-8 with a bottle between 1 and 2 and another about 5. We were going to move the cot bed into our room but will need to dismantle it to move it and don't have the tool to do it so who knows what will happen tonight. Feels like a step backwards!

Have you tried her in your room in the cot first or are you just going straight to the cot from a basket??
If she's going in all night it's a bit different to daytime as there's no noise or lights plus it's bigger, if you try her in your room first in the cot then transfer it to her room after a couple of days she may be used to the open-ness (sp) a little more. I think of doing it in stages, that's what we did with our LO.
Hope it goes well for you x x x

We've started putting Ryan down in his own room when he goes to bed at 7/8pm then he comes into our room in the moses basket once he wakes up around 11pm for his first night feed, more for my convenience than anything else as there isn't room in the nursery for a comfy chair for me to feed him in at night!

I started putting him in his room for daytime naps and gradually shut the blackout blinds during the day so that he got used to it being dark. If you don't have a blackout blind you can buy travel ones that stick to any window with suckers, much cheaper and easier than buying a proper one.

thanks for the replies :kiss:
tried again last night (updated in first post) and it was brill :)
im a happy, well rested mummy x

Glad to hear positives. Theakston grew out of his nest this weekend but with xmas I'm not moving him til the new year. Hubby's working away from 10th Jan so gonna move him then so I can curl up on the floor if he needs me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->