First of many questions I'm sure!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Orange lady, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Orange lady

Orange lady Well-Known Member

Hi girls
    Got my :bfp: this morning.
    OH and I :sex: this morning too (to celebrate I suppose) :blush:
    Well I noticed afterwards in my pants some light brown goo. It was mixed with other stuff, normal CM and leftover sperm I suppose (sorry TMI). And it's really really really light brown when I wipe today. I'm on CD28. Does everyone think this is ok? Or should I panic?

2. loopdido

loopdido Mum to 2

you could have some left over blood from implantation which has just made it's way out after the 'bd'.

congrats btw.....

3. caz81

caz81 Well-Known Member

Unless the blood becomes red I would not worry xx

4. sunnybabe

sunnybabe Mummy to two naughty cats

I had some really really light brown goo like discharge on CD 28/9 (Thursday and yesterday). I was really worried as well (in fact im permanetly worried about everything at the moment). However today it seems to have stopped and discharge has become wetter and with out the extremely light brown tinge.

From what everyone has said I don't think there is anything to worry about unless there is fresh blood.

5. Seraphim

Seraphim Amazing Baby Girl

Congrats hon :)

I read somewhere lately that it's the semen/sperm that causes the cervix to open ever so slightly (pretty harmless though) and it lets that little bit of old implantation bleeding seep out.

If you search the forum for bleeding you'll see just how common it is... nearly all of us could raise our hands if asked... but promise me if you start searching, don't let yourself get worried by occassions of some other peoples unlucky experiences xx

6. Caramel

Caramel Mummy to a cheeky monkey

I was told by my midwife that it's perfectly safe to have sex at any time during pregnancy but that in early pregnancy it can cause a little show of blood (pink/pale brown like you describe). It's absolutely normal and nothing to worry about and there's no need for you to avoid :sex:.

:hugs:

7. vineyard

vineyard Mom of twin girls!

My dr said spotting after sex is normal when pregnant. Also, some spotting is normal as long as it doesn't saturate a pad and as long as it doesn't come with extreme cramping.

8. Eternal

Eternal Three boys!

i bleed after sex since getting pregnant, we have stopped for now as both of us worry so much lol, its common to bleed after sex apartley but as i had a thrented miscarriage i think its safer for us to stop (for now)

9. emma2810

emma2810 Mummy to 2 boys :)

i to have had sort of pink/brown tinged discharge after sex,and sometimes the next morning,i try not to worry to much as it just aapear to be normal to have some bleeding after sex during pregnancy,but im having a scan tommorrow as had other bleeding and lots of brown discharge so FX all will be ok,
    im sur eyou will be fine
    PMA
    :D

10. elainegee

elainegee Well-Known Member

i had this too, twice afterwards. The first time i went to hosp as i was worried, but was reassured as long as i had no campyness etc all should be ok x