First pregnancy cramping in the lower portion of my abdomen what is it?

kidlove

Reaction score
I have been having cramps in my lower abdomen for about a week and a half now. What do I do? I am about 6-8 weeks along I'm scared. What is it?

Don't worry, cramps are totally normal. Various reasons you can get them, but I think the most common reason is things are expanding and stretching. It's going to be a bit crampy while that happens. If you have any bleeding, that's when you want to get checked, but if you're really concerned you can speak to your doc/mw etc.

I've been having some mild cramping as well in the past few weeks. It almost feels like the day before I get my period kind of cramps, which makes it even more freaky. :p

I've read that it's normal for the most part though (when not accompanied by bleeding), but of course if you're overly concerned you can always call your doc!

Hi there, cramps are quite normal in first tri as your body is getting ready to accommodate baby.

When I was pregnant with my son it was actually the cramps that made me test. If you are worried though speak to your doctor or midwife

I had them from before my BFP and all the way until the beginning of the second trimester. They varied in intensity, though there were times that they were painful enough I would have taken ibuprofen if I hadn't been pregnant. I think I even broke down and used a heating pad once or twice. I thought for sure something was wrong, but I'm listening to my very healthy 2-month-old daughter grumble in her swing as a type this. LOL

Definitely normal as long as you're not bleeding, having funky discharge, etc. The cramps were my first symptom with both pregnancies! :)

I'm getting cramps right now as I type this! I just remind myself that they are little pistachio settling in and getting comfy for the next 8 1/2 months!

Yes! Very normal! It scares me every time, but I've had this experience with all five of my pregnancies, and it's never been a sign of a problem. It CAN be a sign of a problem, but it's also a normal symptom that most people get. I like to think of it as feeling my baby snuggling in nice and tight. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->