First RE/FS appointment on Friday - What questions should I ask?

Ferne

Reaction score
My HSG x-ray, CD 3 hormone check and his sperm analysis all came back normal.

We have 3 appointments with 3 different REs in the next 2 weeks. I don't like to compare their IVF success rates - the best doctors have some of the worst numbers because they take on patients that other doctors (in the interest of maintaining high success rates) pass on.

What questions should I ask to help me figure out which doctor is the best? How do I compare their embryologists? Any advice/help you can give me would be SO appreciated. I don't know where to start.

Mentally, I can't handle another BFN. I honestly felt like I was having a nervous breakdown for the first week and a half of this cycle. I woke up multiple times throughout the night in a panic thinking, "I can't get pregnant!" I had a lot of hot flashes during the day and night, which made me panic even more because, thanks to searching on Dr. Google, I thought it was perimenopause. I went to my internist and I'm still waiting on all the test results but, so far, the doctor thinks the hot flashes were due to stress/panic/cortisol. I told her, "I can't believe I did that to myself." Her response was that, given it is stress, I didn't do it to myself - it's my subconscious.

So, in the interest of maintaining my sanity - I need to step it up. We'll try drugs for a few months but, honestly, I think we need to do IVF by January.

I just don't know where to begin comparing these doctors.

What have you done for TTC (charting, Ov Monitor), etc. I'd share that and see what they all feedback what the next step is. See what they do for assessing the best path (like does everyone just get Clomid/Femera, etc.)

Didn't want to R&R....

Thank you for your response StarSign.

Yes, we stopped using birth control in December. In March, we started using a fertility monitor. Sadly, I've even made a chart so that the information can be easily read by the doctor. I should/do have better things to do but after my BFN in August, this has become an obsession.

I hope to do IVF in Dec / Jan / Feb, too, but have not started the process yet.
Honestly, I was going to choose one of the top clinics based on success rates.
3 of the top 12 in the US are in my state, so I was going to go to one of them.

GL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->