first round of fertility treatments -- running a bit early?

mrstrouble

Reaction score
Hi everyone... after a few years of trying we're on to fertility treatments... the whole process is so confusing to me and I don't know what to expect. My periods were super irregular so my OBGYN started me on metformin and induced my periods for two months in a row with progesterone pills...this month AF came on by herself, which was great. My doctor had me take 50 mg of Clomid for 5 days, and also 75 UI of Menogon for three days. On day 7 of my Cycle I went in for an ultrasound and one follicle was measuring 17... so she told me to take a double injection of Menogon (150 UI) on Day 8 at noon and start DTD that night (Monday). She prescribed me a progestin to start taking this Friday night.

This is my first time through, but is this scheduling a little early? Was my double dose of Menogon the 'trigger shot'? Wouldn't that equate to my ovulating well before the middle of my cycle? It seems like everyone's protocol is different, but I'm curious as to whether this sounds standard or not, or if anyone has had any similar experiences.

Because it’s a medicated cycle it doesn’t work to a 28 day schedule like a standard one - because your follicle has developed already, you’ll have a short cycle this time, as your body has been medically stimulated to be ready. So it does make sense, but I’m not sure how that would impact egg quality? Good luck x

Because it’s a medicated cycle it doesn’t work to a 28 day schedule like a standard one - because your follicle has developed already, you’ll have a short cycle this time, as your body has been medically stimulated to be ready. So it does make sense, but I’m not sure how that would impact egg quality? Good luck x

Thanks for your reply! I guess that does make sense. I guess I’ll see how it goes!

Every woman responds differently to fertility treatment. My body responds well but it takes forever for a mature follicle to be ready for the trigger shot, so my cycles end up being more like 35-40 days when I'm going through treatment (not IVF). The reason doctors monitor your follicle growth often in a cycle is because they don't want to miss your ovulation (because then what would be the point?). I wouldn't worry about it. Doctors know what they're doing typically.

I couldn’t help myself and went in for another ultrasound yesterday (Day 11 of my cycle). Follicle still there, grew to 20. Today had a lot of EWCM. So looks like I’m probably on track for a normal ovulation time roughly mid-cycle. We’ll see how it goes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->