• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

First scan <3

jesssika

Mummy to Charlotte
Reaction score
I saw my little nugget this afternoon, my gestational sac is measuring only a few days behind my LMP dates and the early scans are give/take 5 days so I'm gonna just use my dates, but all is healthy and looking good, I have another scan in 2/3 weeks to check, I guess they've put me in high risk or something but I get to see my LO a lot so I don't mind, I get a lot of reassurance. I'm so happy <3 on the other hand, my midwife is going to cost $4000 :( and she's the only private midwife in my city so there's no one else I can get cheaper :( happy days!

Hope all is well with you girlies too :)

Isn't it just the best :D Congrats hun. And wow $4000? Are you opting to go private?? And is there a reason your considered a high risk pregnancy?

I had my first scan just three days ago, and it was incredible. Isn't it amazing? But didn't they tell you why you're high risk? Maybe you should check that out, they might just be milking you for more money.

Isn't it just the best :D Congrats hun. And wow $4000? Are you opting to go private?? And is there a reason your considered a high risk pregnancy?

Because I miscarried last year and they're worried about my levels and the development and location of my uterus, and my "frame" all this ridiculous stuff! And yes I am opting for private, I have pretty severe anxiety and in Australia where I live, of you go public you get a different midwife every time you need to see one and another new one for the birth, and the thought of that instability and unsure-ness makes me extremely tense and stressed out! I'll manage paying the extra cash for the sake of being calm for my LO's sake :)

I had my first scan just three days ago, and it was incredible. Isn't it amazing? But didn't they tell you why you're high risk? Maybe you should check that out, they might just be milking you for more money.

I don't pay for my scans :) we have this thing called "Medicare" and it pays for pretty much everything here you need medical wise :) plus as an independent minor studying at uni I'm automatically considered a low income recipient and I get a Health Care Card that gets me discounts on everything medical I do have to pay for x

Because I miscarried last year and they're worried about my levels and the development and location of my uterus, and my "frame" all this ridiculous stuff! And yes I am opting for private, I have pretty severe anxiety and in Australia where I live, of you go public you get a different midwife every time you need to see one and another new one for the birth, and the thought of that instability and unsure-ness makes me extremely tense and stressed out! I'll manage paying the extra cash for the sake of being calm for my LO's sake :)

Oh really hun, i'm sure everything will be fine though :) I would go private if I could afford too but it's even more expensive in NZ! I understand the anxiety of the unknown hey :/ I get like that too :( But over here the public midwives are pretty darn good, and stick with you unless it's absolutely life or death. But you get a back-up midwife, which you get to know throughout your pregnancy too, just incase. :) But good for you, your making the best choice x

Oh really hun, i'm sure everything will be fine though :) I would go private if I could afford too but it's even more expensive in NZ! I understand the anxiety of the unknown hey :/ I get like that too :( But over here the public midwives are pretty darn good, and stick with you unless it's absolutely life or death. But you get a back-up midwife, which you get to know throughout your pregnancy too, just incase. :) But good for you, your making the best choice x

Haha maybe that's why it's cheaper in Oz, our public is so crappy! Haha thank you hun x my OH earns close to $4000 a month so I think I'm going to ask him to pay hahaha x

Oh how I love Canada! Midwives here are FREE! Along with pretty much Everythibg else medical:)

I have my dating scan on Tuesday when I should be 7 weeks and im taking my mum and my partners mum with me for support as my partner cant get the time off work.

Im going public Jess and its not costing me a thing even my scans are bulk billed :)

I have my dating scan on Tuesday when I should be 7 weeks and im taking my mum and my partners mum with me for support as my partner cant get the time off work.

Im going public Jess and its not costing me a thing even my scans are bulk billed :)

Yeah my scans are getting bulk billed too :) but I do just want one midwife to see me through my whole antenatal care and she does the birth and postnatal care where she comes to your home :) plus she said she could bulk bill about $2000 to medicare so I think it'll be okay hey :) x

yeah you should be ok hun :) $2000 is a lot better than $4000 xx

For sure hey! And she's gonna bulk bill it at each session so ill only have to pay half of normal costs at each time instead of dishing it and claiming it back haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->