First scan 42 previous losses and heartbeat!

40yearoldmum

Reaction score
Just wanted to post, couldn't possibly get 'excited' but want to share as I always looked for 'old birds' conceiving.
I'm 42, if this pregnancy continues To term I will be 43 and 1 month at birth.
A long way to go and with 4 losses behind me I'm not counting my chickens but today I had an early scan and embryo has heartbeat. Everything looks as it should it measures 6w6d and my lmp it should be 7w1d so all ok...they say. I won't get another scan till 12 weeks so will go private at around 9 for peace of mind I can't even contemplate waiting for 5 weeks.
So first stage done I'm sure I can worry about it being slightly behind dates till then.

Gosh I just read that back, I haven't had 42 previous losses I am 42 , my punctuation was lacking. Sorry!

Great to hear....stay positive...my nan was 44 when she had her last and it was no big deal...plenty seem to be popping them out in their late 40 s now. You are a spring chicken! Hopefully I will get lucky too x x h& h 9 months x

Heres wishing you luck.. thanks for the nan call my nan also gave birth to my aunty at 40 and my mum at 42 so im hoping shes passed it down.

Congrats to you - from one "older bird" to another.;) I'm older than you and now over 5 weeks pregnant. A dear friend gave birth to a healthy baby boy at 45. Hoping for the best with this one, but just thrilled to know that it is possible! There are tons of women starting later or continuing families into their 40's. Stay in touch for encouragement! Happy day!

Ecomama...
Cool yes please stay in touch I need as much support as the next lady. How Los are you then, are you on progesterone? I've been on it for 2 weeks now and I am massive, ive gained fat and bloat like mad I swear I look 16 weeks pregnant.

Ecomama...
Cool yes please stay in touch I need as much support as the next lady. How Los are you then, are you on progesterone? I've been on it for 2 weeks now and I am massive, ive gained fat and bloat like mad I swear I look 16 weeks pregnant.

do you think progesterone has made the difference? were you prescribed this? x

Congratulations on hearing that heartbeat 40yearoldmum!
That must be an awesome sound to hear!

Sending you good vibes for a H&H 9 months!

thank you for the share!

congrats:hugs:

:dust:

Blythe
Not sure if you mean do i think progesterone has made me gain wait or helped me keep the baby to date.
Not sure on the keeping the baby because i didnt have it with first pregnancy and i didnt have it with first baby who was born, lost 2 then had progesterone for 2nd 2 losses from beginning and lost them then didnt have it from 4-6 weeks of this pregnancy because i was away on holiday, i think mine is more the aspirin and maybe the clexane and maybe and i so hope a nice golden perfect egg. Im still onyl 7.5 weeks so there is a long way to go yet.

Hi sorry I should have made the question clearer....I meant for getting pregnant as I see ladies take it post ovulation. I have quite low temps and I was curious to see if I had low progesterone although I expect it would have been picked up in blood tests. Just clutching at straws! Anyway huge congratulations again...

It would only show if you had your progesterone levels checked and then on a specific day after ovulation......maybe you should ask for a progesterone check. I have never had it post ovulation just after positive hcg but i did take the aspirin from the first day after ovulation maybe that was the key...............

It would only show if you had your progesterone levels checked and then on a specific day after ovulation......maybe you should ask for a progesterone check. I have never had it post ovulation just after positive hcg but i did take the aspirin from the first day after ovulation maybe that was the key...............

Thanks for reply....when did you stop aking it?

oooh congratulations!! Soooo happy for you. Thnking of you real hard.:hugs:

Congrats, give hope to some of oldies out there.
Blythe, I also have low temps, never above 36.5 even after ovulation.
I got my progesterone measured on cd2 and 7 days after ovulation.
On cd 2, levels were 2-4 which I think is normal. On 7days post ovul it was 25. Think they like it to be over 30 after ovulation but fertility nurse said 25 means I probably ovulated.

Waiting 2-3 months to see fertility dr.

Congratulations...I must admit I did get a shock when I saw your thread title.. i thought wow that woman must be brave to be still trying after 42 losses.

I know that once the embryo has a heart beat, its a great sign and definitely more viable.

Wishing you a H&H 9 months.

Im currently freaking out a bit, I cant seem to help myself i just cant stop thinking the wqorst. All my syptoms have dissappeared since friday and i know i should be thinking positive but im finding it really difficult.

Im currently freaking out a bit, I cant seem to help myself i just cant stop thinking the wqorst. All my syptoms have dissappeared since friday and i know i should be thinking positive but im finding it really difficult.

It could be your hormones settling down....get yourself down the docs and they will be able to provide you with some reassurance. Often during my first 12 weeks I would feel totally normal and have zero symptoms....I would sometimes check I was still pregnant by taking a test! I'm sure all is well...let me know...x

It could be your hormones settling down....get yourself down the docs and they will be able to provide you with some reassurance. Often during my first 12 weeks I would feel totally normal and have zero symptoms....I would sometimes check I was still pregnant by taking a test! I'm sure all is well...let me know...x

thankyou blythe for your calming words. I called the midwife and she asked if I had done a test!! I said no because as my hcg numbers are high and have a halving rate of every 48 hours there is no doubt i would still be pregnant! you see I dont really have much faith in 'the professionals' because only a blood test followed by one in 2 days would show them dropping and she didn't know that. Shes very nice but after all this time and hideousness I unfotunately appear to have more negative knowledge. she is going to try and get another scan Ive mentioned the clexane and that if I am about to miscarry I could bleed....a lot so we will see, ive booked a private one for sunday just in case she cant get me one. Got to do it yourself in britain really!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->