First stretch marks have appeared :(

Mum2BKW

Reaction score
At 34 weeks 1 day, I have my first pregnancy stretch mark. It's quite big and runs between my belly button and my lady bits so there's no getting away from it!

I guess this means there are more to come, sigh. And I was doing so well :(

They can pop up at any time, can't they? My sister didn't have any at all until she was 39 weeks with her second!

They can pop up at any time, can't they? My sister didn't have any at all until she was 39 weeks with her second!

Oh no she must have hoped that she'd got away with it by that point!

I didnt have any all through my pregnancy with my son.
and literally hours after he was born they popped up. all round my belly button, across my chest, down the backs of my legs

I dont have any pregnancy stratch marks as yet but im pretty sure I will get them soon as my skin feels ultra tight and I have stretch marks from previous extreme weight gain on my thighs and hips.

I was expecting to get them at some point but TBH was secretly wishing that I'd be one of those lucky people who don't!

My friend told me to think of them as my tiger stripes. GRRRR!

I thought I got away without them too! Haha- I didn't get them until 37.5 weeks. Now my belly is covered with them and they're so purple.

Hubby says they're cooler than tiger stripes. Tigers are born with them, I earned them ;) ( Bless his heart)

Ah they're a pain, but at least you don't have many.

I started off with some on my ladybits in 2nd tri, which was weird, then towards middle-end of second tri they appeared all around my hips. I wasn't pleased, but hoped that was it. Then nothing for ages, then last week I got them all over my thighs, and like you, they've started running up from my ladybits across my belly and got them underneath my boobs (on the underside, if that make sense).
Given that I still have 10 weeks left, I wouldn't be surprised if I am completely covered by the end. It's quite depressing, but tbh they will fade and I'm sure I won't care so much then. I hope.. :p

It must just be genetics because I have been using bio oil & coco butter since first tri.

Ah they're a pain, but at least you don't have many.

I started off with some on my ladybits in 2nd tri, which was weird, then towards middle-end of second tri they appeared all around my hips. I wasn't pleased, but hoped that was it. Then nothing for ages, then last week I got them all over my thighs, and like you, they've started running up from my ladybits across my belly and got them underneath my boobs (on the underside, if that make sense).
Given that I still have 10 weeks left, I wouldn't be surprised if I am completely covered by the end. It's quite depressing, but tbh they will fade and I'm sure I won't care so much then. I hope.. :p

It must just be genetics because I have been using bio oil & coco butter since first tri.

Oh dear :hugs: Thankfully baby won't care if Mummy has stretch marks. It's really a small price to pay for having our little ones, but it's still a bit hard to deal with! I feel a bit vain but I understand what you mean about it being a bit depressing.

Just have to hope that they do fade a lot or, as you say, we just stop caring!

Ahhh...stretchmarks! I have some from puberty on my hips and tops of my legs so I think it's a case of "when" and not "if" but I still live in hope! I know it's a small price to pay, but still, we can't deny that it's hard for us girls to see all these changes in our bodies.

Oh no...sorry hun! I've been dreading this happening and I know it probably will sooner or later...

Take comfort in knowing you got them for the best reason ever! :thumbup:

My mum doesn't have a single stretch mark but both me and my brother have them from growth spurts and weight gain as teenagers, so im not convinced about the genetics argument.

I got my first pregnancy ones at about 30 weeks. I hoped in vain that I'd managed to avoid getting them (been using bio-oil and creams since BFP) but it appears not as I now have a line of them extending from my bell button to my hips (the only place I didn't have them before). I find it a little upsetting but my old ones are virtually invisible now and it's not like I've ever bared my belly before because of them so I guess nothing lost really. Still doesn't make me feel good about my appearance though. :(

My mum doesn't have a single stretch mark but both me and my brother have them from growth spurts and weight gain as teenagers, so im not convinced about the genetics argument.

I got my first pregnancy ones at about 30 weeks. I hoped in vain that I'd managed to avoid getting them (been using bio-oil and creams since BFP) but it appears not as I now have a line of them extending from my bell button to my hips (the only place I didn't have them before). I find it a little upsetting but my old ones are virtually invisible now and it's not like I've ever bared my belly before because of them so I guess nothing lost really. Still doesn't make me feel good about my appearance though. :(

What I mean is it's probably in your genetics somewhere, if that makes sense. My mum only got a few on her hips, and nowhere else, mine are huge & extensive compared to what hers were. She also had a fairly small bump until right at the end whereas I have been big all the way through.
In any case, I totally know how you feel, it feels kinda hopeless when you know you've been doing everything you can to try and avoid them :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->