First time at the groomers, OMG!

amytrisha

Mother of boys.
Reaction score
Ohh I just needed to post this,
We got our dog a few months ago he was in real bad shape, matted to major extremes all down his legs and over his belly, we managed to sort this by shaving his back legs but he was still a reaaally fluffy dog so with it coming really warm and him getting too hot on walks we decided to get him groomed today.

The difference is so funny, they shaved him completely (even his big bushy tail) and he really doesn't look like the same dog! So much so that my kitty doesn't recognise him and is completely terrified of him. He hasn't moved from upstairs since we brought buddy back & hisses and flips when we bring him downstairs -.-

Anyway ill share before and after pics!

Pointless post but I just can't believe my eyes :haha:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 11
This is after (wouldn't let me post together) ..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 11
he's gorgeous!!!
I cried when I first left my dog at the groomers :haha: x

Thank you :)
Haha it's horrible isn't it the house felt so bare without him and I was very nervous of what he was gonna look like lol! X

You guys need mobile groomers! Course, I may be biased. ;)

There is mobile groomers round here but for his first time we just took him to pets at home :) he's growing back so quickly! I wanna let him grow long again for winter but oh thinks its too much hassle :dohh:

There is mobile groomers round here but for his first time we just took him to pets at home :) he's growing back so quickly! I wanna let him grow long again for winter but oh thinks its too much hassle :dohh:

Did you have him shaved because of shedding? If so, do a close-open-close on the follicles or have your groomer do it. A light, quick conditioner. Let it sit for 2 min. Rinse. 5 minutes with shampoo sitting. Rinse. 5 minutes with a heavy, less diluted conditioner then rinse. This method of bathing actually forces dead hair out of the follicles and is really healthy for the skin. :)

It wasn't for shedding, he was getting too hot plus he looked completely silly after we got him because we had to shave his back legs & tummy to remove all of his matts. He doesn't really shed til he gets really fluffy and even then he just needs a good brush.. My cat on the other hand!!! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->