First-time lucky BFP

Felicityandon

Reaction score
Hello,

I have barely posted on this forum, I have just been reading it for advice - but it's been so helpful that I thought I'd share our good news.

After only trying for one cycle, we lucked out and just got a positive test result. Having said that, it is very very early days (I took one of those 'six days before the first day of your period' tests), so I don't know how excited I can be.

Do I tell the doctor yet? Can I let myself get excited or could everything still, I don't know, flush out if I get my period?

I am so excited but I am trying to keep a lid on it.

Thanks forumites - all your previous try to concieve threads have been great for guidence and I am glad I found you.

Felicityandon x

Congratulations :D :happydance:

If you're in the UK,you don't need to see a doctor to confirm and can just call to make your first midwife appointment but it varies from area to area when that will be so I would call your GPs surgery and see what the receptionists say :D

Congratulations, when is AF due? ?(or not due now) I personally would wait till then and then ring dr's receptionist to see if you need to see dr or just make your 1st midwife appt xxx

congrats on your bfp!

I'd give it a few weeks then chekc in with your doctor to get your pregnancy notes & mw contact details xx

Congratulations on your :bfp:

Have a happy and healthy 9 months.

V xxxx

Congrats! I just found out last night. It's our first cycle trying too. I used First Response 7 days out from my first missed day (they say 6, I did 7) and it was very very negative.

But this weekend I tested again after some symptoms and it was very very very very very positive. :)

You can always give it a few more days and test again, then make plans with your doctor/midwife/etc. :winkwink:

--Krystal

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->