First time mother - scared

Demotivated

Reaction score
Hi Girls..

As silly as it may sound, after praying and waiting for this day to come, I am scared as hell now.. I have an ultrasound on the 8th and completing 37 wks on 9th.. If my doc sees something wrong (i have been battlnig low amniotic fluid issues), she will induce me on 9th.

I suddenly don't feel ready :( :(.. may be i need a week or so more.. I am really scared of the labour process, the pains, the bleeding, taking care of a newborn..being responsible of everything related to her.. i mean i know i m being silly and lame. I am obviosuly, very happy and impatient to hold my baby, but I am also scared at the thought of having her with me by this weekend..

Pls dont judge me on this. Vent. Phew.

I don't think you're being silly at all. It's a big deal, going from having no children to look after to suddenly having a baby! I wasn't that worried about the labour bit before I had my daughter but am more anxious this time round as last time I was unlucky and went massively overdue and had complications.

You will be fine, don't worry. I miscarried my first pregnancy and therefore wasn't at all prepared for actually getting a healthy baby at the end of my second. I didn't prepare at all really - I didn't even know how to put a nappy on! With labour, I think the best thing is to know about your options re: e.g. pain relief before it starts, so you can make an informed decision about whether you want any pain relief. Everyone's experience is different but for me, the worst thing was not knowing if the pain was going to get even worse - the point at which I thought 'I can't take much more of this' was the point that I was fully dilated and ready to push. It is hard work but overall it is only a small part of life and it is so worth it in the end.

I also know people who had great birth experiences and really didn't feel that much pain (I am quite wussy!).

Best of luck - I am going to be packing my hospital bag this week as I turn 37 weeks on the 11th and although I don't expect this one to be early, I probably ought to be prepared!

Your fears are very normal for a ftm. You will do great 😊. Just relax and read to prepare yourself for what to expect.

I feel similar and this is my second! Really, please don't worry about worrying - it's totally normal xx

Your fears are definetly normal, I was exactly the same and ended up going into labor at 36 +5. Labor is so insane honestly know what you want I asked for epidural and well my girl decided to come quick fast and hard. Labor was intense for me came out of know where luckily it was fast and quick and she was well worth it. Im still scared cause she was so small and lost so much weight o got released 2 days before her abd we are still waiting for her to come home.

I'm a first time mum too and i feel exactly the same ..

nervouse, anxious, scared, excited and worried all at the same time ....
guess all we can do is try and stay calm, and take it one day at a time! :) xx

Aw! Its ok, we all feel this kind of stuff.
Tis will be my third baby, and I'm scared too. My fears and concerns are different than when I had my first, I'm not worried about the newborn/nursing,etc but moreso how will my two girls cope with a new baby, how am I going to juggle all three by myself when my husband goes back to work after baby is born, how can I give them each the attention I want to..... There are always challenges and fears, but it's normal! Just do the best you can, take it day by day, and it all works out in the end.
As nervous as I am about three very young ones, I know somehow I will get settled in time and all will be good. There's good days and bad days.
Just wanted to let you know it's normal to have feelings like this, but things will work out and you'll do great! It's kind of a " fear of the unknown" really.... But when the time comes, us mommys do our thing and it all works out in the end :)

I'm a FTM too, and feel exactly the same way. I'm pretty sure its normal. I just found out today that my doctor is planning to induce me early, and finding that out was a big slap of reality. I've been thinking I still had 5 weeks to prepare, and now that's been cut short. It actually made me throw up from the anxiety! I'm sure all will be fine in the end, but feeling like we do is normal and part of the process.

Thanks girls.. all your responses make me feel normal... Though still hard to believe that my baby might be in my arms by this weekend, but excited nonetheless.. Was speaking to my mother yesteraday, and she gave me the lamest but most practical answer.."Everyone has babies, everyone learns hands-on.. it the most recurring phenomenon in the world.. you are not the only one.. you will sail through as well" :|

Well..then so be it.. have already charted out a birth plan, packed hospital bag.. started thinking of names.. so , lets wait n watch :)

I literally woke up this morning with a full on panic attack for the same reason. It's finally hitting me that I'm going to have a baby in 2 mos and all of the trauma to my body plus the responsibility of having the responsibility for raising a person!

I found out I was being induced AFTER the doctor broke my water. I thought I had a week left. Talk about a panic attack ( this was last night by the way). Yes it's terrifying. Yes it hurts. And yes there will be moments where you are completely frustrated and overwhelmed. But when you look at that baby, instinct kicks in and it doesn't take long for you to catch on to what you have to do :) good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->