first time pregnancy cramping at 13+6

Ninix

Reaction score
Hi

Its my first baby and I am super excited to be pregnant after a hard journey of TTC for over 3 years :happydance:. This journey though has also made me super anxious.

I have had two scans (one at 10w3d and the other 12w4d) both of which I am pleased to say were ok, and a fetal heartbeat was heard on both. However, yesterday and today I have been experiencing a mild crampy feeling in my lower stomach. I spoke to MW who said if there is no bleeding to have a warm bath and try not to worry.... anyone had this before??? is it normal, or do I need to prepare myself for the worst?

xxx

I have had mild cramping throughout both of my pregnancies (and this third one so far, too). It is totally normal. I usually take a warm bath and if I'm at liberty, curl up in bed around a pillow and relax. Best thing to do is take it easy a bit and drink PLENTY of fluids. Being dehydrated can make you go into preterm labor, especially when you get into the second and third trimesters.

Cramping in pregnancy is very very normal. I had it with all five of mine. As your uterus grows, many women experience cramping pains.

Plenty of it, its perfectly normal but is a worry :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"