First time using opk's! Need to know if this is normal!

MissVeronicaa

Reaction score
This is my first month using OPK's and I need to know if this is normal. I started them the day I got off my period. They were pretty dark and I didn't track when I took them but most days unless I was too busy to I took them at 12 in the middle of the day and 8 at night because I read it's better to take them twice a day.
So whenever I first took them the day after my period ended they weren't positive but the line was pretty dark. I looked it up and saw that it said some women have higher natural LH levels and that if it wasn't positive it didn't matter. But now as days are going by I'm noticing that the darkness is going away! Not all tests are shown in the picture. I threw out most whenever I took them and just started saving them to see if they really were getting lighter or if it was just me. I'm not even all the way through my cycle I'm just new to using OPK's and wanted to know if this is normal! My husband said "What if you're ovulating on your period and that's why it hasn't happened yet" Maybe I did! I don't know! Or maybe I just ovulated super early and missed the part where the test got darker than the line itself? I have no clue.
Forgive me if this was a silly question! I'm just very confused, haha :)

Attachments

• IMG_2966[1].jpg
    IMG_2966[1].jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 12
How long are your cycles normally ? If you have a short cycle it could be possible. I have ovulated as early as cd7 already and had a 21 day cycle that cycle I never got my pos opk probably because it was pos on cd5or cd6. The more I read on here though I'm finding that that is pretty rare.

Are you doing anything else to track? Like bbt or checking for cm? At this point I would say keep testing.

Thanks for replying! I actually have no idea what that was, but yesterday I just got my first official positive OPK so I'm thinking this time was the real deal since it was when I was supposed to ovulate according to my little phone app. I'm buying a new thermometer sometime this weekend so next cycle I'll be starting that up if this cycle doesn't work out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->