First Trimester Misery - Vent

XilaXila

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm feeling rather defeated at the moment. I'm 5+6 pregnant and am feeling completely miserable. This is my first pregnancy, so I really wasn't sure what to expect. I know every pregnancy is different, but it's really taking a toll on me. My husband and I had been trying for about a year or so and I had come to terms with not being able to have a baby. Suddenly and surprisingly (the month we only DTD once) I'm knocked up.

I'm constantly nauseous, although I've only vomited a few times. I can't eat anything, because the thought and smell of food turns my stomach immediately. I have constant diarrhea. I'm either too hot or too cold. And I'm practically constantly crying. Along with being exhausted.

I have my first appointment in two weeks and I'm really just trying to hold on. I'm happy and excited to finally be pregnant, but feeling so miserable sucks.

I guess, I'm just hoping that this terrible feeling ends soon. I guess I'm also hoping this is normal and I'm not alone. haha

Anyone have any tips, tricks, or advice?

Thanks!

Hey hunny. I have had 6 babies and I had hypermesis with 5 of them and with one just nausea. I lived off zofran. You can ask your doctor for it. It's an anti nausea medicine. I know how horrible this is but keep in mind it ends soon. You're 5 weeks now so in about 6 weeks you'll start feeling a ton better. I'm sorry it seems so far away but it truly isn't. I pray you feel better real soon. And congrats.

I second the zofran, although it hasnt helped me much. It helps most people though! Maybe you could call them and ask them to call in a prescription for zofran? Or if you're new to the obgyn, your primary care doctor can do it as well. I'm 10 weeks and have been pretty miserable the while time. My first wasn't like this at all. Just make sure to eat small frequent meals as well. I usually have a bag of pretzels with me to nibble on when my stomach really starts aching.

:cry:I’m feeling miserable too. Pregnancy sucks. I can’t eat anything and it’s horrible. I can’t wait till this passes and I can start enjoying my pregnancy. Last time it didn’t get better until about 18 weeks tho :cry:

I'm so sorry you're struggling. I felt pretty miserable earlier on but it gets better eventually. I do agree with others saying you could get a prescription for nausea. It does help until you begin to feel better.

I am feeling the same hun, you're not alone. I'm struggling to be excited right now when I feel so sick and crap all of the time. the time will pass eventually though is what i'm clinging to.

Honestly for me, the first trimester was always considered way worse then labor. Mainly because I was miserable for weeks and not just hours/days. The only things that gets me going each day is thinking "7 weeks and 2 days to go" till the second trimester. Smooth sailing after that. My only recommendation is try to stay busy till then. Keeps your mind off how terrible your feeling.

I’m so sorry you feeling like this lovely! I think it’s totally natural to feel the way you do. Morning sickness and nausea sucks! All of my pregnancies I’ve felt the same way. Sending you lotsa hugs x

I’m so sorry that you are feeling like this and I totally sympathise.

From about week 5-6 I was feeling sooooooo sick all the time and literally everything I ate would come back up.. but if I didn’t eat that made me feel sooo ill as well. My stomach was constantly churning and it just felt like it didn’t want to digest ANY of my food..

I would be sooo exhausted.. an exhausted feeling I’ve never felt before. I’d just sit and sob and just getting in the shower was like someone asking me to climb a mountain! I was literally at the end of my tether with the whole thing... never felt so miserable! I was at a point I was asking myself “what have I done? I can’t do this!” ...

I won’t lie... it was only at about 17 weeks this improved for me and I began to feel more human! Less tired and able to keep a lot more food down! (I lost about 10lbs in weight through sickness) .. I’m now 20 weeks and I can now eat more or less without hardly any problems. I have a lot of energy back that I lost and I’m now getting more excited about baby arriving!

It’s so hard but just keep telling yourself that it won’t be forever and tbh the time goes much faster than you think. Before you know it you will be 20 weeks preggo and feeling soooo much better! If you think it may help then ask to see your midwife sooner. I did this at a point as I was literally losing my mind and just talking to the midwife alone helped me a lot... just having someone to listen to me... YOU CAN DO THIS GIRL!! Xxx

I’m 11 weeks 3 days and the nausea is slowly starting to ease. It is is bad in morning and for brief periods in day. Previously it was utterly relentless. I felt far worse then my prev 2 pregnancies, both boys.
I am also taking an antihistamine at night as nausea was preventing me sleeping. They really work but I don’t take in day due to sedative effect.
I agree with a prev poster that you need to keep counting down to the 12 week mark when nausea is most likely to pass. ‘
Sending hugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"