First trimester screening 1 in 33 chance of downs

Bepaisley

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just got a call from my dr stating my final results came back as baby having a 1 in 33 chance of having downs. During the ultrasound the nasal bone was not found but neck measurements were fine and they said I was only 30 no family history prob nothing to worry about. Now combined with bloodwork results come as a 1 in 33 chance! I previously went through 3 IVFs before having my healthy twin boys, this pregnancy was a complete and natural surprise to us as our twins were only 3 months, we were shocked but happy to know it happened on its own and we wouldn't have to go through all the IVFs etc to have more children. Now I feel as nothing can go right for us when it comes to having babies. Any positive stories out there?! I'm scheduled for an amnio next week but so stressed about this whole situation!

Hi all,

I just got a call from my dr stating my final results came back as baby having a 1 in 33 chance of having downs. During the ultrasound the nasal bone was not found but neck measurements were fine and they said I was only 30 no family history prob nothing to worry about. Now combined with bloodwork results come as a 1 in 33 chance! I previously went through 3 IVFs before having my healthy twin boys, this pregnancy was a complete and natural surprise to us as our twins were only 3 months, we were shocked but happy to know it happened on its own and we wouldn't have to go through all the IVFs etc to have more children. Now I feel as nothing can go right for us when it comes to having babies. Any positive stories out there?! I'm scheduled for an amnio next week but so stressed about this whole situation!

First off :hugs: Remember that its just a number and try not to stress till you have an definite answer (easier said than done I know!) My numbers were a 1 in a 1000 chance when I was PG with my first son at 23, all my ultrasounds were fine. So it was a complete surprise when he arrive and he did have Down Syndrome. I wouldn't have changed a thing about how it all happened and today he is almost 11 and the light of my life.

So whatever the outcome I will be thinking of you, and if by chance your little beans has that extra chromosome and you want someone to talk to please feel free to message me with any questions. I won't judge any emotions you are feeling...I've been in your shoes.

Hi hun, I had a 1:11 risk for trisomy 13 and tri 18 and 1:17 for downs. I opted for the MaterniT21 test and all came back fine. I've read about women having even greater risks and everything coming back fine. i wish you all the best. The waiting for results is absolutely awful.

My sister had a 1 in 10 chance and amino showed clear. It's a tough wait but try to remember the odds are still your favour. Xx

Also remember there is over a 10% inaccuracy rate for that test which is pretty high! Good luck w/ your amnio.

Good luck with amnio at least then u will know of definite either way.
Wishing u all the best xxx

Hi all,

First off :hugs: Remember that its just a number and try not to stress till you have an definite answer (easier said than done I know!) My numbers were a 1 in a 1000 chance when I was PG with my first son at 23, all my ultrasounds were fine. So it was a complete surprise when he arrive and he did have Down Syndrome. I wouldn't have changed a thing about how it all happened and today he is almost 11 and the light of my life.

So whatever the outcome I will be thinking of you, and if by chance your little beans has that extra chromosome and you want someone to talk to please feel free to message me with any questions. I won't judge any emotions you are feeling...I've been in your shoes.

Thanks so much! It's a lot to take in when u expect everything to be fine.
Thanks for all the replies

Good luck. I commend those of you who are brave enough to test. I refused testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->