First U/S at 10 weeks Alberta

SummerMother

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Just got my BFP today at 16 DPO. Called the OB office and she schedualed me for Nov 16. That would put me at 10 weeks. Does this seem right?

Different countries and even different insurances or providers have different policies. I am in the US and have Kaiser. They do their first prenatal between 7-10 weeks. Mine will be at 8 weeks. Just remember, the longer you wait the more you get to see on the us :)

Ditto with Dobby ;) my OB will scan you whenever you want he has 5 high tech 4d us machines in his office. However the official prenatal is usually at 8 weeks. I'm going at 7.5 weeks for my first scan, blood work etc. then at 9 weeks I'm going to do the panorama which is genetic testing via bloodwork to rule out trisomies and a battery of other disorders

Summer I'm in Ontario and my dr had me do mine around 8wks both times. You can probably ask for it earlier if you are concerned. You could also do one at 12wks if u are screening for Down syndrome with the NT scan, not sure if you have to be over 35 for that.

Usually in Alberta if you need a dating scan, are high risk, have a history of twins or any other reason that your doctor might want an early scan your first scan is the nuchal test at 12-13 weeks if you choose or the detailed scan at 18-20 weeks.

Yup I had a dating scan around 7 weeks with my son (AB). 10 seems a littler later given that the NT is around 12 weeks, but I would never say no to an ultrasound! (I know when I conceived this time but hoping I can convince GP to do an 8 week US for my peace of mind lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->