First ultrasound- 65 BPM at 8 weeks

faye1019

Proud Mama of 1
Reaction score
I got my BFP on September 11th. My husband and I went in for our first ultrasound on Wednesday. I estimated (based on charting/temping) that I was 8 weeks along. Ultrasound showed baby measuring at only 6 weeks and heart rate was only 65 BPM. My OB told us that viability is probably only about 2% and likely a chromosomal issue. We have to go back for another ultrasound on Monday.

Wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. I am prepared for the worst and have come to terms if this pregnancy is not viable. We have been blessed in our journey so far-- we conceived my son on our first cycle actively trying and this BFP was after our first cycle trying.

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. My biggest fear is that we go back on Monday and there is still a faint heartbeat and I will continue to have to be in limbo.

I didn't lose a baby that early on so I'm not familiar with that kind of loss. However we lost our daughter at 6 months gestation. Never easy to go into an ultrasound excited and get terrible, scary news. I hope all goes well and you find comfort.

I didn't lose a baby that early on so I'm not familiar with that kind of loss. However we lost our daughter at 6 months gestation. Never easy to go into an ultrasound excited and get terrible, scary news. I hope all goes well and you find comfort.

Thanks AngelMom. I cannot even imagine how difficult it would be to lose a child at 6 months pregnant. I hope to be able to put this behind me and move forward in my journey to TTC baby #2.

I hope everything goes well tomorrow. Thinking of you <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->