First wedding anniversary

Lauren25

Reaction score
Help!!

My OH has just surprised me this morning saying on Sunday (our first anniversary) he has booked us to stay in a nice hotel and booked a table at our fav restaurant!

We had decided we weren't doing anything for it so we just settled on that so now I'm stuck! I need to get him something nothing too expensive as our money has went on the hotel and dinner but just a token something, maybe £30 max.

Any ideas would be so helpful....

You could make up a scrapbook of your first year together? :) or a photo album. My OH did one for our first Christmas and it was the nicest, most sweetest gift i've ever been given :D

^^ that's a good idea. We tend to follow the traditional gifts but with a modern twist. First is paper - My dh took me to Gordon Ramsey's restaurant and asked them if we could keep the menu (the paper) to remember it. I got him tickets (the paper) to see his favourite band..

For our first anniversary (paper) I got a little box and filled it with bits of paper scrolled up. On each bit of paper I wrote a reason I married him.

To make it extra special I used some leftover tartan ribbon fron our wedding (I had tartan ribbon round my bouquet to match his kilt) and one of the fake flowers from our seating plan to decorate the box.

Oh and we got our bfp on our first anniversary too but that's a bit harder to control lol!

If you want to go by the traditional gift, the first anniversary is paper. You could:

- name a star for him (corny, I know)
- tickets to something he'd enjoy (a band, a show, or even a movie)
- homemade coupons for favors (can be nice and/or naughty and it's FREE!)
- something to do with photos
- one of my friends' husband got their vows nicely printed and framed for her.

The trick is to be creative. For example, the 2nd year is cotton, so I got my OH some angry bird plushies and set them up with a card to kind of look like the game.

Thank you for your replies. I ended up finding this last night and ordered it for him, going to buy a frame today! Hope he likes it, if not I do :haha:

https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/afewhometruths/product/personalised-first-wedding-anniversary-print

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->