First year cooking a christmas dinner! Tips and advice please :)

This thread makes me hungry every time I pop in!

My biggest piece of advise would actually not really be any tips about the cooking but to say relax. Don't let yourself be pressured into thinking it all has to be perfect. I'm very laid back about it, if I can't get something and we have to have something else so be it, if somethings ready before everything else I'll take it out and keep it warm. If the meats a little dry then smother it with gravy but Christmas is a time to enjoy yourself and I will not be stressed at Christmas.

I just do my roast potatoes in the actifry with some olive oil drizzled on-just throw peeled potatoes in, no need to par boil, and they are absolutely gorgeous.

I always prep anything I possibly can the day before - stuffing, pigs in blankets, prep all veg, boil the ham and have dessert made, last year we had a little production line with the kids all 'helping'!!!!!! And if you are doing anything you haven't done before try and have a trail run so you know how to make the yorkshires etc xx

Oh I think I will have K help me this year, she will be just a few days shy of 6 on Christmas :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->