Firt time TTC

srm8412

Reaction score
Hi! My name is Sarah, and my husband and I are TTC our first. Tips, tricks, advice, and experiences welcome! I am finishing my birth control for this month, and then I am done. I am on the Nuva Ring. How long after you quit birth control before you concieved? ANY HELP APPRECIATED!!!

I'm in the exact same position as you. Came off BC 2-3 weeks ago, just waiting on my first AF so I can start working out when I O.

Good luck. x

Took me 5 months TTC my daughter after coming off of birth control. I charted my temp and used OPKs. My cycles went rather whacky and I had lots of "pregnancy" symptoms for a few months until my hormones regulated. Almost every single month until I actually got pregnant I had myself convinced I already was because of my body's crazy symptoms. Keep patient and try to stay relaxed.

I went off BC pills a year before we actively started TTC. I have had irregular periods my whole life, but these tips helped us conceive in 4 months.

TIPS:
• Know the length of your cycles.
• Temp if you have the time (I never remembered to).
• Buy opks either on amazon or ebay (I found ebay to be cheaper). Use them every day from the end of your period and twice a day during the time you believe you might be ovulating.
• Become acquainted with your CM and know when to look for that EWCM
• If you are sure you are getting close to ovulation, dtd 5 days before expected O and then continue to dtd up to 5 days after every day. (So 10 days straight -though every other day can work).
• Start taking a prenatal or at the very least Folic Acid with Vitamin B added.
• Drink plenty of water and avoid excess caffeine or alcohol.
• The best time to test is AFTER you've missed your period, though you can test 2 weeks after Ovulation but don't be discouraged if you still get a negative.

Best of luck! Sending lots of baby dust your way :)

What does my temp have to do with anything? I have heard about this before. When an I suppose to track it?

What's AF? Still trying to learn all the shorthand's. Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->