Fish oil warning!!

Preggies

Reaction score
I started taking this stuff at the beginning of this pregnancy for the omegas. I've never had trouble with bleeding or subchorionic bleeds in any of my other pregnancies (this is number 5, 1 loss).. I kept going to the ER freaking out because of bleeding and cramping, but the baby was fine. They found a small bleed.

Anyway, I stopped taking the fish oil and the bleeding stopped. I didn't connect the two things at the time and started taking it again. The bleeding started right back up. I looked it up online since doctors don't know anything and it turns out that there is a bleeding risk. This probably is a rare side effect and it may depend on how thin your blood is to begin with. I stopped taking it and haven't bled at all since. It may not have even been harmful, but I didn't like wiping and seeing blood all the time.

For mothers who are taking DHA supplements or fish oil, both of them can thin your blood. If you notice any bleeding it might be from that. Doctors would never be able to make the connection. :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->