Fitbit - are they worth it?

AP

Reaction score
I'm doing a bit in the gym now and i wondered if they were worthwhile? Anyone got one and can tell me what they think? :thumbup:

I have one and it's brilliant. However it's not so good for exercises which aren't walking based (cycling, weight lifting, cross trainer) so you would need a heart rate monitor to track your calories burned. I've lost 10lb with it so far and been using it religiously for about 2 months. I've had it a lot longer but didn't really stick to it until now.

It syncs with your phone or tablet, gives really detailed info but it does take some time for it to "get to know you". Battery lasts about 5 days before needing a recharge.

I have the fitblex flex and honestly its brilliant, you can add your own goals i.e steps taken in a day, calories burned and link it to MFP which is fantastic...

Like dgirllamius said you can only use it for walking etc - i've had mine for bout a month but only used it for 2 weeks as i didnt take it on holiday with me

I thought it was great to track my fitness as im usually running after my kids and try an exercise when i can even if its walking :thumbup:

Absolutely.

Only downside, they are terribly addictive! I was literally obsessed with minimum 10k steps a day. As result lost a stone and half with little dietary change.

I already track my steps. I do 15k a day and get obsessive. What else can it do?

I don't even track steps :( and I use weights and cross trainer in the gym so I couldn't use it for that, but the cross trainer gives me a calorie estimate

Still, it's a gadget :rofl: want it :rofl: and I was reading I can connect my Pebble to it

I already track my steps. I do 15k a day and get obsessive. What else can it do?

Tracks calorie burn, distance, stairs, sleep (depends on make) It syncs wireless with apps like myfitnesspal. It also keeps comprehensive online progress of your activities, allowing comparisons with friends and emails weekly progress which tell you of your most/least active days.

You guys should get commission, might get one

Not sure if this is the one you were looking at Sandi but I went on for a nose and the price dropped within minutes of me looking at it. I just got this for £32 posted

https://www.amazon.co.uk/FitBit-Wir...TF8&qid=1406669847&sr=8-1&keywords=fitbit+one

Price has jumped up again but maybe worth watching tonight to see if it goes down again :)

Ya Natasha, I'll get camelcamelcamel on that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->