Fitness and Weight Loss during NTNP/TTC/CTTC???

KittyKatBabe

Pruod Mummy to Zara Jane
Reaction score
Hey Girls,

I am back in the NTNP mode, we are just having sex as usual but no more withdrawal now. I track my cycles and guess at OV times, just know it will be in there somewhere, no opk or anything.

However for the last few months when I have not been TTC in any capacity, I have been doing Slimming World and exercising. I have lost 20lb but I have had a couple of weeks break due to illness and holiday.

I am now feeling better, still not that fit so just last night me and OH started jogging, I am a major thinker and now I am just wondering if I am better to put off NTNP for about another 4 weeks just to let my body get fitter or if I should just adopt the it will happen when it happens and carry on with my fitness.

Sorry the message is a bit garbled my head is racing today, I basically just want to know if its a good or bad thing to have my fitness plan as I am NTNP or if I should get this completed before I start? :dohh:

First of all Congrats on the weight loss!

I think you should continue as you are - it'll happen when it hapens.

Its good that your focusing on something other than ttc, you'll get your BFP in no time :)

Thanks IrishBabe, I was just having one of them moments earlier, and was a bit over ticking in the head clock department.

I will keep up the weight loss, and defo the fitness cos it all helps in the long run, plus it will keep me distracted I hope! x

Definitely continue as you are, I'm positive my weight loss helped me conceive. OH and I had had a lot of reckless incidents in our time with no accidental pregnancies and then we NTNP'd for one month and conceived straight away.

Hey chick,

keep going! 20lbs loss is fab!
We've been ttc for 14 months and its drivin me mad so gonna start ditchin the excess lbs! and focus on gettin fit for a while too.

Good luck hun xx

aw congratulations on the lb loss :D if you werent aware you were pregnant then you would be doing fitness anyway and it wouldnt harm the baby - if its meant to be :)...
so i think you should stick to loosing weight and it will happen soon enough :dust:
xxx

What you have said has reassured me that by doing what I want is right for me.

I keep thinking what will be will be, so just keep doing what I am, when I am due my healthy and happy pregnancy it will happen. So it could be in 3 weeks (so if things carry on as they are another 3lb loss) or 10 weeks (a further 10 week loss) etc.

Its all good, I will be fitter, slimmer and happier in me which I think can trigger good things x x x

I was wondering how you started jogging? I hate working out where people can see me but want to lose a stone or 2 before we get pregnant. I just need to lose a dress size so am about to start slimfast and I wlak 1hr a day and work 6hrs a day in a kitchen, cooking, prepping and waiting tables. Running in the evenings sound good but I will worry people are watching me! How do you get over it? Also how should I start up? Anything I will defo need?

Hey Inge,

I was the same as you really, very shy at the moment, got my fella to come with me. So with that I am going at night, when the night draws in, but once I am fitter I will be happy to go on my own in the morning ( I work from home some days so I can use the time then). I just want a dress size really, the main key is to use more calories than you are eating. I use spark people or myfitnesspal they are free and you can monitor your calories and workouts if you like - gives me a good idea of intake and helps me control my days better.

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/

https://www.sparkpeople.com

Also another one if you plan on walking is https://www.mapmyrun.com, this site allows you to plan a run locally, then tells you how far and the elevation, which you can also then calculate calories burned etc.

If you start off walking and watch your food intake you should defo start to lose weight and make progress. So I would probably start going for walks then start to jog when you get a bit fitter, I have been doing workouts at home with DVD its cheaper and I am enjoying it) so when I went for the jog had to stop a couple of times and just keep walking. So don't worry if you do, I think you have to start and build on it.

For walking or jogging, you just need some comfy clothes and some reasonable trainers.
So for the moment, I am not over my shyness but I think once I get fitter I will get over it...well hope so lol.

Good luck with starting yourself, but remember walking is a good way of getting some extra cardio which you need x

I might try the walking first. Trowbridge has a canal that runs to Bath on one side and Bradfor on the other so I could walk miles! I actually know someone who lost lots of weight doing that walk. Im gonna look into it and do it soon, maybe tomorow and friday.

I just wanted to say thanks to KittyKatBabe for recommending MFP, I started it 6 weeks ago and have lost 14lb since then! I have decided to put off TTC for a while until I lose some weight (ideally about 2 stone) and this is a great start! thanks so much! :)

Hey kizzyt,

Thats fab news, I had stepped back from it myself I have been busy, but just logged back in. 14lb in 6 weeks is fantastic, I really think you will lose your 2 stone and probably more if you carry on.

I have just signed up for a fitness class which if I haven't managed to get my :bfp: by November will become a 4 week boot camp!

Well done x x

totally continue on. It more than likely will help rather than hinder your chances, I was running like mad and deadlifting 90kgs before I knew I was preg!!

Oooh ooh ohh can I join? I'm doing slimming world, I've lost 21lbs so far (not weighed myself this week as AF and a sweet tooth have surfaced) and ideally I'd like to lose another 12lb before TTC in December/ January

This really did work for me, I am pregnant! eek! :) so happy and nervous and scared and excited all at the same time! Looks like those 14lb wont be off for long! haha!

This really did work for me, I am pregnant! eek! :) so happy and nervous and scared and excited all at the same time! Looks like those 14lb wont be off for long! haha!

Congratulations KizzyT, I am still waiting for my :bfp: but I think thats brilliant x x Big Whoop to you and your OH :happydance::happydance:

thanks so much!! good luck to you with yours!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->