Five years and still no names.

Princess Lou

Finally a Mummy!
Reaction score
Starting to get really frustrated now. Just over five years ago hubby and I agreed to start TTC and July 23rd 2008 we started. We started thinking of baby names straight away and soon came up with a girls name but no boys name.

Fast forward five years, I am finally pregnant, due in 15 weeks but still have no boy names and we're expecting a baby boy.

I am very picky with names and have a specific criteria that needs to be filled but all the names I love hubby hates and all the names he suggests are silly. Who in their right mind would call their boy Hercules? I wasn't a fan of Harold either.

Any suggestions? I like quite old fashioned names but want the name to have meaning to it. His middle name will be John as it dates back to the 1600's for first born males in hubby's family so need something to go with that.

We did think for a short while that we had his name but we don't. :(

Its hard to find something with meaning since we dont know you - how about picking a family member or historical ancestor?

Asher
William
Thomas
Everett
Clarke
Benajmin
Noah
Owen
Isaac
Zachary
Michael
Aaron
Gabriel
Nathenial
Nathan
Bradley
Christopher
Micah
Jacob

I was going to say Sebastian. But not sure if that sounds right.

Alexander John
Michael John
William John
Arthur John
Seth John
Jack John
George John
Henry John
Harry John

I love Sebastian but hubby isn't a fan.

Whilst the rest are all lovely names, I just can't see myself using any of them.

T'is hopeless. :(

Really hope a name pops at me when I see him.

Its hard to find something with meaning since we dont know you - how about picking a family member or historical ancestor?

I agree. It is quite difficult to list off any names without knowing your strict criteria or what sort of meaning you would like the name to have. A lot of people like to incorporate a family member or someone who has touched their lives, sometimes its the literal meaning of the name, others would actually use Hercules as it would have some connection to them or even because they really like the myth of Hercules.

I would love to just give a list of "old fashion" names for you, but I would rather be helpful then give you yet another list of names to sort through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->