Flabby tummy!

Discussion in 'Postnatal Support' started by aj2000, Oct 16, 2008.

1. aj2000

aj2000 Well-Known Member

Hello

When I was pregnant all my weight went on my belly. Now I'm a size 12-14 with a size 16-18 belly and nothing fits :hissy: I'm still in my maternity wear and really want to get into some nice new clothes :cry:

Has anyone got any tips for shifting a fabby postnatal belly? Will situps work?

Thanks xx

ps My gorgeous little boy is well worth it!!

2. Jinty

Jinty Proud mummy of Kiara Mei

Since giving birth to my LO I've been researching this ALOT :dohh:
    I was the same as you all my weight went on my belly too.
    I've been looking around on the net and so far i've found out that sit ups etc doesn't help as much as you think they would.
    I think the best way to lose the belly is to swap all your fatty foods to something healthier so your eating the same amount but eating less calories etc.
    So swap fatty foods for fruits and salads etc.
    P.S I don't know if it works! I'm trying this method myself and apparently am making some progress :) Also Green Tea is meant to help :)
    If you try this let me know how you get on! :)
    Good Luck xx

3. babe2ooo

babe2ooo mum to Jack

i've joined a gym to try and lose the weight, but its if u have the time for that,

4. isil

isil Well-Known Member

mine all went on my tummy too...but it seems to be shifting. Very slowly! Just takes time I think. Now that I push the buggy everywhere it seems to help too.