Flashing smiley on clearblue OPK's

Mummafrog

New FTM to baby girl
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I haven't been here for a couple of years hehe.

I will be trying to conceive baby number 3 who will be a surro baby for lovely parents who are waiting.

We've been not so patiently waiting for my cycles to come back :coffee:

I've been feeling hopeful the last week or so as having lots of womb aches and pains and some EWCM etc.
Anyway we bought the purple clearblue OPK's to try - yesterday was the first day I used one and it was an empty circle and today after work it was a flashing smiley!

After months of nothing it has given me some hope even though I know the purples aren't always great.
I've still got lots of cheapies and pinks as well. Will be testing very frequently with the cheapies to keep an eye on things.

Can people tell me stories about the purple OPK's? Did they work? How long from flashing smiley to solid smiley for you?

Thank you. Baby dust to all xx

I've never used them but wanted to wish you the best of luck. what a lovely thing to do.

Hiya and good luck!!

I am confused by these I used them this cycle, got a circle... then 12 hours later got a flashy then 12 hours later got a solid smiley. Thought they were supposed to give a 4 day window.... currently 9dpo xx

I tried them after being off bcp for almost a month. It didn't work for me, I think I had 8 or 9 days of flashing smiley face and I gave up. I had an almost 3 month cycle because my hormones were out of whack. I think they could be great but if you are more regular.

Good luck!

Sorry no help, this is my first cycle using them too and I got one day of the circle, and now 2 days of flashers! Hoping for a solid smiley soon!

Hey folks,
Thank you for your replies. I won't lie to you I've had a bad day. I'm onto my 6th day of flashing smiley without any change on the cheapies. I've got womb and ovary ache, my cervix is high and firm. But no ewcm and no LH surge :( I cried tonight on my hubby because it's so frustrating.

I've come off meds that stopped my cycles and I've been waiting 4 months now for the first egg you see. I'm so worried it won't come for months and months longer.

I know a lot of people have issues with the purples and didn't have high hopes! I got the purples to see if they picked up oestrogen, so I'm glad I've got high oestrogen at least.

I'm taking starflower oil, extra folic acid (overweight), vit D and pregnancy multivits.

I was thinking about trying soy isoflavones to see if they will kick start ovulation? I might make a separate thread about that.

Good luck mwah! Hope this is it for you :)
And starry I really hope your solid smiley comes very soon! Keep me posted x

Hey folks,
Thank you for your replies. I won't lie to you I've had a bad day. I'm onto my 6th day of flashing smiley without any change on the cheapies. I've got womb and ovary ache, my cervix is high and firm. But no ewcm and no LH surge :( I cried tonight on my hubby because it's so frustrating.

I've come off meds that stopped my cycles and I've been waiting 4 months now for the first egg you see. I'm so worried it won't come for months and months longer.

I know a lot of people have issues with the purples and didn't have high hopes! I got the purples to see if they picked up oestrogen, so I'm glad I've got high oestrogen at least.

I'm taking starflower oil, extra folic acid (overweight), vit D and pregnancy multivits.

I was thinking about trying soy isoflavones to see if they will kick start ovulation? I might make a separate thread about that.

Good luck mwah! Hope this is it for you :)
And starry I really hope your solid smiley comes very soon! Keep me posted x
Sorry you are having a rough time. I actually took Vitex to help regulate my cycles when they were wacky post bcp. It helped to move me to Oing on or around CD 21. I had debated about the soy isoflavones but chose vitex instead. Might be worth looking into. Hope you O soon. I think waiting to O is the worst especially when you don't know when it'll happen.

I haven't even heard of vitex before. I will look it up thanks. Why did you choose it over soy?

By the way I remember your profile from last time I was here hehe. Lovely to see you have baby number 3 on the way <3

I haven't even heard of vitex before. I will look it up thanks. Why did you choose it over soy?

By the way I remember your profile from last time I was here hehe. Lovely to see you have baby number 3 on the way <3
I chose it because I wanted more regularity of my cycle and it seemed "gentler" on your body. I was afraid the soy might mess me up more since I didn't know anything about my hormone levels.

I thought your name was familiar. I didn't even pay attention to your signature. You were in the June/July 2017 group, weren't you? Dd1 was supposed to be a July baby. Bah so crazy to think I'm expecting our 3rd. This is our last and I'm have a sense of "completeness".

Ugh I can write something similar myself. I came off BCP and have cheap OPK tests I bought on Amazon, they are the femometer brand (pink). So far no positive OPK's and I've been logging on the results on the app and its high to low to high to low and its very frustrating! I have been feeling cramping now for days almost like my period is supposed to come, I have no clue what is happening with my body.

Fingers crossed that you get your LH surge soon!

Flueky I'm having the same worries about my hormones. What if good things ARE happening and SI actually mess it up more and prevent me ov'ing :-k
As I said I have come off meds so I can get bloods to check my hormone levels when I want to, they are due in about a week.
I have a few different options... I can either just carry on with starflower oil and keep waiting and then when the LH surge starts to come, quickly get my bloods checked.
I could try 5 days of SI even though I'm not bleeding.
I could get my bloods done now even though I'm not definitely going to ov yet.

My poor ip's don't know much about all this so they're just patiently waiting bless them.

Yes that's right! I was having my second hehe.

How wonderful about your precious last baby and you're feeling that sense of completeness, you can savour every moment and then be content to watch them grow :)

Hi Luster - it does sound like a very similar situation. I think the cramping is (hopefully) the system trying to wake up! I hope the surge comes for us both soon. I feel so close and then it just doesn't happen ](*,)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->