Flat nappies?

M

Maffie

Hi

We get a months free nappy service where we live so started trying it yesterday. They are flat nappies and feel like a slightly padded cotten (as anyone tried these) I have some shaped nappies which I bought which feel super soft and fuzzy (they are bamboo) but these nappies just dont seem to wick anything away and seemed so bulky on Noah's bum. His skin also looked very red where the nappy had been touching (even in the bits where no wee or poo had touched) Could this be what they washed them in?

Any advice on this type of nappy would be appreciated. I was hoping the service would be good as not having to launder myself sounded good but Noah's skin just didnt seem happy.

sound like prefolds. no baby but do plan to use

Yep they are prefolds, best to get yourself some fleece liners im not sure they come with the nappy service?

I can't help with the flat nappies you have, other than to suggest you try adding a fleece or a disposable, biodegradable, liner to them - try totsbots website, they' have tons of different ones. If you decide the nappy service isn't for you, then you might find washing nappies yourself easier than you imagine - I use Totsbots Bamboozle bamboo nappies for my toddler (have been using them 2 years now) and I think they're fantastic - probably the easiest washable nappy to use as they're naturally antibacterial and so dont' need soaking in the nappy bucket. If you don't want to be scraping poo off the liners into the toilet all the time you can try the disposable biodegradable ones, although they're not quite as soft against the skin. If you can get past the poo scraping, the rest of it's a doddle. USe a nappy mesh for each of your nappy buckets and then all you have to do is lift it into the washing machine and tip it out a bit. I put the pooey ones in on a rinse cycle and then add the wet ones and wash at 60 with a few drops of tea tree oil. I clean the buckets out using a bit of tea tree oil too - you'd be surprised how little poo actually ends up on the bucket. Hope you feel I've answered your question, rather than just evangelising about bamboo nappies!

I have bought some totbots i just thought id try the free service. I think these nappies need liners, i have some of my own so might try them. hate the bulk of these nappies.

does washing yourself cost much in terms of electricity? do you dry in a tumble dryer or air dry?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->