• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Flights from Australia

broodymrs

Mummy to my boys
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good website to find flights from Australia on?

I'm trying to find a flight between now and the 12th of Aug from either Sydney or Melbourne to the UK (preferably Manchester but can be any other airport in England really). Trying to find a direct flight and just can't seem to find any, even to Heathrow which seems weird.

Would appreciate any tips, particularly if there's any Aussie's on who know good websites, thanks.

Every time I have flown to Australia (or my family has - family/friends live there still), it has always involved a stop at either Singapore, Abu Dhabi or Dubai.

I don't think the aircraft can hold the amount of fuel required to do it in one go, but don't quote me on that.

Also, if you want a one way ticket from Australia, you will get better information from Australian websites.

Yes I am finding there doesn't seem to be a non stop flight. Thanks for your replies.

Yep you'll have to stop over in Singapore, Hong Kong, Dubai depending on who you travel with. When I flew to Europe in 2006, we stopped in Singapore and chose a flight that basically stopped, refueled and reboarded. I think we were at Singapore airport for an hour or two max. If I ever flew again with kids, I'd have a night or two stop over just to give them a little break. It's a long flight otherwise.

Flight centre is a good travel agent to start with.

Woo hoo so excited for you, I'm biased but Australia is awesome :D

I think most stopovers are now Dubai. To go against the grain, I have had awful experiences with Flight Centre... You could look at webjet.com.au to give you an idea of airlines/prices and go from there.

They used ti do direct flights but it worked out to be a loss because the type of aircraft that was needed to hild the fuel was too costly so i think direct flights where stoped about 4/5 years ago.
I did the other month find a direct flight from phillapenes when trying to find what flight my cousin was coming back on but apparently its a rare thing.
So now whenever my friend flighs back from australia (she actually lives in New Zealand but normaly has a short holiday in Australia before coming back) she has always had to stop in hong kong or dubia.

I think most stopovers are now Dubai. To go against the grain, I have had awful experiences with Flight Centre... You could look at webjet.com.au to give you an idea of airlines/prices and go from there.

It depends on the airline as to where you stop over.

Sorry you had a bad experience with flight centre. My SIL works for them so I'm probably biased. I've never used web jet but heard good things.

Can you not go direct to the airline to book flights? That's what I would do if I was booking a flight in the uk

Thanks for all your replies. Sadly flight isn't for me, it's for my little bro. Flight centre have found a good quote. I'll check out the other suggestions too, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->