Flip sizing questions and some random ones!

Lu28

Aisling's mammy
Reaction score
So my Flips just arrived today and I've tried one on Aisling. She's 18lb so tried it on medium size and it seemed quite loose around the legs. There weren't any gaps when looking at it but if you put your finger in to give it a pull it was pretty loose. The small size definitely seems snugger but seems to be squeezing her legs a bit. Any idea which would be best? Don't want leaks but also don't want to cut off the circulation to her legs! :lol:

Random question now but do you guys change your LOs in the one room where you keep all the supplies? I either change her in her room or downstairs as we have a changing bag there and am wondering if it's just easier to do her in her room now.

And where do you keep the nappy pail - near where she's changed or beside the washing machine?

Thanks - can you tell I'm new to all this?! :blush:

Lol, I would prob have it on the medium size and see how she goes. If it leaks you may have to change it. I think I have Freya on the medium and they don't leak, and she's lighter than Aisling. Better to leak than lose a leg! :lol:

You will get some better answers than mine here, I am very disorganised and change Freya wherever, there are nappies lurking in every room and if I am downstairs I use the stuff out of the changing bag (wipes, wash stuff). We used to do it upstairs on the changing table, but now she just leaves halfway through it's not really safe!

I have a nappy bucket upstairs in her room and if I am downstairs I just shove them straight in the machine. This is probably all wrong, lol, and I'm sure others are more organised!

:lol:

Re flips, medium might be ok but you might be better just putting them to one side for a week and then coming back to them, you'll probably find Aisling has grown into it better then.

Changing; we just do where is easiest tbh!

Pail; we keep it by washer, found it could be abit smelly at times. We use a muslin cloth with a few drops of essential oil on top of the washbag inside pail and also use northern essence citrus circles taped to the lid.

I would probably keep her on the medium size, if there are no gaps it shouldn't leak.

We usually change in the living room, I keep Hayden's diapers in his room, I use to keep them in the living room, I just grab one then chase him down, usually end up there lol. I keep the pail next to the toilet though because I clean out the diaper in the toilet so it's right next to that. :)

Yep better to try the medium setting first and then if it leaks perhaps try the smaller setting for a little while and just check every now and then to make sure she is still comfortable!

As for changing her bum, I tend to change her in the living room on my lap, and I wash the nappies I currently have on a daily basis because it's not that many until I get the others through! I'd like to think I'd still wash them daily when the new ones arrive but I will invest in a nappy pail just encase! x

I have one nappy bucket in the bedroom that I use for wet nappies, so I use that to dry pail, and one in the bathroom which I soak the dirty nappies in. Seeing as we live in a one-bedroom flat where the bathroom, bedroom and living room/kitchen are all next to each other, I never have far to walk :rofl: If we ever manage to afford a house, I think I'd probably have one upstairs and one downstairs.

we keep the Pail in the upstairs bathroom....we always change her upstairs as thats where her nappies live :thumbup:

as for sizing i'd leave it on Medium...you'll probs find that with cloth you dont need it to be as tight as you do with sposies :thumbup: just keep an eye and if you see a leak about to happen you can adjust from there :hugs:

sara

xxxxxxxx

Thanks ladies :hugs: Think I might keep the pail upstairs in the bathroom and just change her in her room for now.

It's really sad, I'm so excited, I half want to wake her up so I can get the Flip on her! :blush:

LOL its not sad hun....we are all like that !!! make sure to take some piccies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->