Florrie's arrival into the world

Bec L

Proud mum to 2 girls/1boy
Reaction score
I didn't ever manage to write a birth story for Poppy as her arrival was a bit of a shock at 34 weeks, but fortunately Florrie's birth was a little more straight forward :)

Ideally she would have stayed in just a few more days to 37 weeks but at 36 +4 she decided she wanted to come out :cloud9:

After a pretty busy and hectic day, OH & I settled down to Eastenders and I started with what felt like period pains. By 9pm they were getting fairly frequent and when I rang the hospital they told me to see if I could sleep and to ring back later if they were becoming more painful. By 10pm we decided to stick the TENS on, and ring my mum to ask her to stay in case I went into hospital during the night.

OH managed to get some rest but there was no way I could sleep through the pain and I decided it was best if I was active so came downstairs and did a lot of bouncing on the birthing ball. By 4am I was out pacing the garden and the pain was getting pretty bad. OH and my mum got up and we decided to wait till Poppy woke up so she wasn't too upset by us not being at home. By 7am we were on the way to the hospital where we went straight to triage for assessment.

Unfortunately, we were kept waiting and 10 minutes felt like 10 hours to me as the contractions were coming thick and fast. Finally I was examined, at which point my waters broke and the midwife told me I was 8cm.

That was the cue for me to panic a little as they then had to get me over to the delivery unit which was a few corridors away. The pain was so bad I started to faint, but was popped in a wheelchair and taken to the room I was to deliver in. I could see the gas and air tube on the bed but it wasn't hooked up to the cannisters and at that point I lost control a bit as I was desperate for some pain relief and quickly!!!!

After a few puffs on the laughing gas I was able to get undressed and onto the bed and the midwife quickly informed me that she could see the head and I would be delivering soon.

A few pushes later, at 8.27am, out came Florrie :cloud9: We were on Team Yellow and so it was a lovely surprise to know we had a little sister for Poppy. As the cord had been round her neck she was a little purple at first but it was lovely to have her put straight onto me for skin to skin, something I couldn't have with Poppy, and she had the knack of breastfeeding straight away.

We were put in a lovely private room afterwards (one of the birthing units that wasn't in use) and had a dedicated midwife who looked after us brilliantly. Poppy was a little star when she came to visit and wasn't phased in the slightest. Luckily we came home after a few hours so Poppy barely had time to miss us :)

Other than feeling a bit out of control towards the end, I had a fantastic labour and it was great to only be in hospital for a short time before delivering. Such a different experience to Poppy's birth where I was strapped to a bed on monitors from the moment my water had broken. To be able to bring our little girl straight home with us this time was more than we'd dared hope for throughout the whole pregnancy :cloud9:

Attachments

• IMG_8185.jpg
    IMG_8185.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 38
Oh congrats hun! shes lovely! x

Huge congratulations again sweetheart :cloud9:

She is just absolutely beautiful :kiss:

xxx

lovely story and such a relief for you i bet hon xxx congratulations :kiss:

congratulations, so pleased for you :hugs:

Such a lovely birth story! I hope and wish my next experience is over as quickly as that. I'm so pleased you had such a straightforward experience after the problems you had with Poppy's arrival. I bet it makes you want to go ahead and have another one ;) Congratulations again to you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->