Flu Shot..

Celeste Ann

Reaction score
So I got the flu shot today, something I get every year. And this time I got a bump about 4 inches long and 2 inches thick. It's bruised and I've never had this problem before. Could it be because I'm pregnant possibly?

-UPDATE-
It's not Thursday night, almost Friday and I got it done Tuesday morning. And it's still here. I have uploaded a picture of just a few minutes ago (Please click the link..). Should I be concerned? Did they just put it in the wrong spot?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t34.0-12/10729065_935753519772396_864055475_n.jpg?oh=0d71015cbfcefcbea9a946df6e3202d2&oe=5442E034&__gda__=1413644424_28e26615b19f1ea30e174ad1c8a572d9

i got my flu and whooping cough jag today too .. im now sporting two little red bumps under each *site*on both arms and tender too touch, all normal as happend with my DD1, i guess we are just a little more sensitive .. but if any major fever or other unsual symptoms creep up give ur local maternity triage a call :) <3 <3

I got my flu shot today also! No weird bumps or anything - yet. I've actually NEVER gotten a flu shot until today. LoL. I hope your irritation goes away soon!

Sounds more like the person who administered it did it incorrectly.

I've never gotten the flu shot until today either.. No reaction yet that I've noticed but I've had long sleeves on.. I get my whooping cough one Thurs.
Like someone else said, we are extra sensitive so keep an eye on it and call your Dr/midwife if you get concerned or spike a significant fever.

I've never had much of an issue with flu shots, but got mine 2 days ago, and have a nice bruised (red) lump that's starting to fade. Husband had some soreness/redness too, but it went away much faster- so I think the person who gave us ours was just a bit rough.

Sounds more like the person who administered it did it incorrectly.

My mom actually noticed it before I did :dohh:. Second thing she said was, "That doesn't look like it's in the right spot!" I kind of just shrugged because I wasn't to sure to be honest. But I will definitely keep an eye on it and any weird things -flu related- that might happen. I've been putting ice on and off of it and the swelling has gone down. It was really weird!

Seems like everyone got the flu shot today. Just got mine an hour ago, but I'm post Partum. Haven't noticed anything yet. That sounds scary... Maybe get it looked at.

ive had a flu shot every year and been fine, this year i got one and i had the exact same thing you describe, it felt so bruised and was a big raised red lump, it went down after a few days. its perfectly normal hun so dont worry, guess we might just have reacted abit more to it being pregnant?

I got mine yesterday I've been getting it for a few years now due to a particularly nasty time with pneumonia a few years ago, I can't say I remember it being this sore after but I couldn't even lie on it last night! Sometimes the formulation or what's in them changes could be something like that plus everyone reacts differently

I got mine as i normally do, everything has been fine since.

i got mine fri nvr had before an felt fine but woke sore arm sat an site was red with lil bump.(presume norm as they say infant jab sites may get red raised lump) by sun morn the redness had gotten bigger. Ie not coin size more like if you put thump an finger together make circle but lil larger. Seems fine now. Waitin word mt whooping(didnt have adult one or sumin so told nurse sort it? Gp did mine an said whooping need done between 28-32 wks, thought had upto 36wks? An am 32 on sat so hope call me soon.

I had my flu jab done 2 weeks ago and my whooping cough last week, I got a little red bump with both and a very sore arm for 3 days with the whopping cough.

I received my flu vaccination 2 weeks ago at 38.5 weeks. If you've never had a reaction to them, being pregnant won't change that. Plus it's good to get your own immune system primed to be able to share the antibodies if breastfeeding.

I had the flu shot and whooping cough vac at 28 weeks. No redness or bumps from either one. But my shoulders hurt for about a week like someone punched me real hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->