Flu whilst TTC

littlefishygg

Mum of 1 boy, TTC #2
Reaction score
This is my 4th cycle trying and I do my BBT (See in signature) but didn't actually bother logging the numbers much this cycle so far because I have had the flu for the past 2 weeks and running a slight fever the whole time. So my BBT is averaging higher than normal for before Ovulation. In fact it is running higher than normal for after ovulation.

Does anyone know whether this is likely to effect me ovulating? I don't normally ovulate until day 20-22 of my cycle anyway so I'm not expecting to ovulate for another week or so but if I'm still running a fever by then will I ovulate? If I do, will my temps still spike?

I don't actually know if it would affect ovulation but my guess would be 'no'. I don't recall ever having a delayed cycle due to having the cold or flu. Supposedly having a fever while actually pregnant can pose some issues but if you still had a fever 3 weeks from now I'd be more worried about you than the baby.

I don't know for sure if it would affect your temps but my guess is that you wouldn't see much of a rise during o if you still had a fever at that point, and that it'd be hard to tell for sure when o actually happened. But still, if you still had a fever in a week it'd be worrying.

Just focus on getting better and bding when you can, imo.

I've just recovered from a 3 week flu. It didn't affect ovulation but af was 3 days early

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->