Flying off the handle at the smallest thing

Firestar

Pregnant with first :)
Reaction score
Damn hormones........

Cooking dinner last night (cannelloni), and at the point of stuffing the cannelloni tubes, one of them broke, and I launched a tirade of abuse on my wonderful BF who was meant to be watching them to make sure they didn't overcook. Retrospectively, its such a minor and silly thing to get worked up about. I seem to be snapping constantly at the moment - the smallest thing feels like a total disaster...................

There's been other similar things too. Anyone else struggling with their patience/temper?

Aw bless ya! My younger sister (who has two children) was banging on about what to expect and saying things like 'ohhh you moan now, just you wait... etc etc' and I just went mental. I was like 'ffs if you know everything about being pregnant, why dont you just go ahead and have another one'. I didnt mean to snap, I was just sick of hearing about it! I felt proper guilty after, especially since it was her birthday :s xx

Aw bless ya! My younger sister (who has two children) was banging on about what to expect and saying things like 'ohhh you moan now, just you wait... etc etc' and I just went mental. I was like 'ffs if you know everything about being pregnant, why dont you just go ahead and have another one'. I didnt mean to snap, I was just sick of hearing about it! I felt proper guilty after, especially since it was her birthday :s xx

Aww, I'm sure she knows you didn't mean it. I can sympathise though, there is nothing that wears you down more than hearing "If you think it's bad now, wait until........." I know it's well meaning a lot of the time, but when you feel rubbish it's the last thing you want to hear - I've very nearly snapped too at similar comments lol.

I know how it feels...

I am going through the same phase... sometimes it feels like these hormones take complete control over you.

I get irritated and angry so quick.. shout at dh for small things.. and sometimes even he gets angry and its time for a big fight thn... all I do later on is cry cry n cry :cry:

But just try to control yourself at that moment... dont say anything... may be go in a different room.. or get busy in other activities... :)

Hahah yes! Last time I was pregnant I smashed an egg against the tv and cried because it was hard boiled rather than soft boiled!

Oh yes, definitely. I was much worse with my first baby than I am with this one, but when my hormones are wonky, I will definitely scream and go nuts. Once I collect myself, I realize how much of a nut I was being.

Yes, my patience has worn very thin lately. It doesn't help that we are moving cross country next month so I have had some stress. I am trying my hardest to give myself timeouts because I hate when I get frustrated at my daughter. Then I usually end up crying afterwards.

Ahh yes my hormones are still all over the map, some days are better than others.

Glad I'm not the only one! It's somewhat reassuring, I feel less like I'm cracking up :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->