• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Folic Acid - Feeling Sick - also in WTT

Jennifaerie

Mummy to 1, baking #2
Reaction score
I've recently started taking folic acid - I wondered if it makes anyone else feel sick?

I'm feeling nauseous all day, and wondered if FA could be the cause? I take it with breakfast but feel sick from waking through to night time. I'm not sure if the nausea started before or after I started taking it.

I'm 6 DPO

I haven't noticed that, sorry.

*whisper*Maybe you're already pregnant??*/whisper*
Who said that?!

I'm only 6/7 DPO though - would I get symptoms that quickly? Could just be getting a bug

It's unlikely you'd be getting symptoms this early. :( I'm afraid I was being naughty and playing devil's advocate.

Maybe you could try taking your FA at the end of the day, as you go to bed? That way, if you do feel bad, it needn't impact on your day.

That's the thing - I'm not feeling bad just after taking it I just feel sick all the time :( I have heard of people getting symptoms this early but took a HPT yesterday (in case Chemical last month was something else and I was a few weeks along) but it was a BFN. If I was getting early symptoms because of hormones you'd think I'd get a BFP?

I'll maybe test again when AF is due/ if it's late.
It's a problem as I'm in work and can't really eat anything. Even my cigarettes make me heave :(

I say all this but I don't really know when I ovulate as only just come off implant, then suspected chemical last month (55 day cycle)

Aww, that sounds horrible.
Yeah, if your sicky feeling was down to pregnancy this early, I'd think you'd get a positive.
Sorry I can't offer any advice, but maybe one of the other girls on here will have some experience to offer.

Don't worry it's an odd situ - thanks for helping anyway! Hopefully someone will come along who's had the same xx

Oooo me, me! When I first started taking Pregnacare Conception I started to feel sick all the time. I tried to put it down to a multitude of things, but when I visited my parents a while ago, I forgot to take them with me to take, and felt fine. Started taking them again, and then I felt rotten again.

I have found though that after taking them for a while (we're talking about a week or so) I'm fine again.

How long have you been taking them?

I've been taking them 3/4 days... what's the verdict should I keep taking and hope body gets used to them or stop taking them?

U never know it could be a pending BFP.... unlikely though..... roll on December/ January!

Honestly.... I'd take them for a week and if the ill-effects don't go, then stop taking them and take a HPT in case.

will do.... will have to see how i feel. Ugh I don't know whether I'm starving or never want to see food again!

Jenni, any update on this one? Have you given up with these tablets?

Hi, yeah I stopped taking them and sickness has subsided. AF is due any time from Saturday (don't know my cycle length yet). It's just as well that I'm probably not pregnant as a member of my family has just found out her final round of IVF has failed.

How are you doing?

xxx

When i was taking folic acid i was always feeling sick. Looks like it could have been the folic acid causing it then. So sorry for your family member. Fingers crossed for your :bfp: this month too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->