Folic Acid

B

Babyface.

Has anyone started taking this? If so, how many mg?
I will be TTC in jsut over 4 months so should i start taking it now or wait?

Ive been taking it for 2 months now, im ttc end July 09.
You take one a day at 400g

i take pregnacare which has 400mcg of folic acid in it, i started it last week and will start TTC in december

I'm going to start taking them in December :)

Iv been taking them for about a week and iv been taking 400 ug x

Started a month ago and will be TTC in Dec. Don't wait,told by my doctor, it is the best thing to prepare yourself and fetus from defects. Taking it now has a lot of benefits...

It's recommended you take it before TTC and there is some evidence suggesting that taking it for 12 months beforehand reduces the risk of premature birth:
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/150078.php

However, I can't find a reliable UK news source in regards to this so I wouldn't rely on it.

My doctor suggested taking it as soon as we start TTC - since we're waiting until September it will mean I'll have taken it for nearly 4 months.

The recommended amount of folic acid is 400mg. Me and my partner are currently taking 'sanatogen his and hers', they are fairly pricey but were on offer at our local pharmacy! They have the recommended amount of folic acid (for female) and zinc (for male while trying to concieve). But if you cant get these on offer i'd get any own brand supplement as long as they have the recommended amounts needed.

ha ha ha i could find the symbol for u with a squiggle on !! lol

I am on my 2nd month of taking Tommy's prenatal multivitamins, which has 400µg (copied the symbol from the website heehee!) of folic acid as well as other essential vitamins for pre-ttc, ttc and pregnancy.

I think you may as well start taking them now, the sooner the better really xx I'd really recommend the Tommy's ones....
https://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogSearchResultView?Ne=13&Rpp=10&Ntt=tommy%27s&langId=-1&Ntk=All&Nr=AND%28DIM_BASIC_RECORD_TYPE_ID%3aIS_PURE_PRODUCT%2cDIM_PARENT_PRODUCT_ID%3aIS_PARENT%29&storeId=10052&searchTerm=tommy%27s&Ntx=mode%2bmatchall&catalogId=11051&N=4294961987&pageSize=12 they are 3 for 2 at the mo too so, bargain!! x

Thanks girls:hugs:
Bunny, did you buy the ones with omega 3 or the one without?

the ones without. I couldn't afford the ones with they were sooo pricey and I will just try and ensure I have enough oily fish and veg to get omega 3 x

I started taking it again this month and we are ttc in November. I only stopped in June after BF no1!

I take folic acid and a standard multivitamin now and when we start ttc in November I will go onto a pregnancy vitamin insted of the two.

Hubby is on his multi vitamins and will get zinc startin in September.

Emma.x

I've been taking mine for nearly 3 months now. Have been off the pill for nearly a month, I wanted to start taking folic acid before I came off the pill even though we're not going to TTC til Dec 09

I would start taking folic acid now, give yourself 4 months of it before TTC and take it until your 12-16 weeks pg! As everyone else has said 400mg is the daily dose you can take it alone or with a maternal multi vit, this can be a bit hard on your tummy though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->