Follicle size on 50mg CLomid Cycle - Can follicles of different size both rupture?

Clomid4twins

Reaction score
Hi there.

After a failed IVF Cycle, I have tried 50mg of Clomid this month. On day 2-6. I had an follicle count ultra sound done on CD 9, and was told i had three follicles in each ovary, with one dominant follicle on the right (19mm) and the next largest being 10mm in the left.

Now my Doc told me that I would probably ovulate in 2-3 days time (Based on the 19mm size of the follicle in the right ovary).....But i know i did get the LH surge on my test until 5 days later.

This was exactly when I thought I would have ovulated in my cycle, as it is regular, 28 days, and the LH surge came on CD 13.

So, my question is.....If i didn't actually ovulate when the doctor predicted i would (based on the size).....and I ovulated 5 days later....is it possible that both large follicles could have ruptured, as the smaller 10mm one would have had 5 days to catch up in size?

Has anyone had multiple follicles of different size rupture and ended up conceiving twins?

Any insight would be appreciated....

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"