Follicle sizes?

halei2715

Reaction score
Up until now, I thought follicles were eggs... So now, I'm a little disheartened. Now that I know they're not, does anyone know the minimum size a follicle must be for an egg to rupture? I've been reading a bit and it seems that a follicle has to be at least 18 mm to release. My doctor updated the info on our patient portal, and the measurements for my follicles were as follows: 23,124, 21,353, 14.194, 80.416 and 48. (Yes, the last two are correct... No typos. Hahaha!) So maybe if my research holds true, we'll have at least one good egg with 4 out of 5 follicles meeting the 18 mm minimum mark. Opinions?

I think too big is a possibility too, so you're probably actually looking at 2/5.

I think too big is a possibility too, so you're probably actually looking at 2/5.

Oh, gosh. That's so disappointing to hear! But, I appreciate the insight. We used 150 mg the last two months and had follicles around 12-13 mm.

If it's any hope: my first round of clomid I went in on cd 16 (I ovulate late) to check follicle size, and I only had one teeny tiny one that they told me wouldn't release an egg, or however that works, and to call when I get my period so they can call in a higher script for me. I told them I had a positive opk that morning but they said I hadn't ovulated yet and the one follicle regardless was basically worthless. Well I never got af and ended up making an ultrasound appt to measure baby

If it's any hope: my first round of clomid I went in on cd 16 (I ovulate late) to check follicle size, and I only had one teeny tiny one that they told me wouldn't release an egg, or however that works, and to call when I get my period so they can call in a higher script for me. I told them I had a positive opk that morning but they said I hadn't ovulated yet and the one follicle regardless was basically worthless. Well I never got af and ended up making an ultrasound appt to measure baby

That's great! Definitely provides a sense of light at the end of the tunnel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->