Follow on Formula?

xx Jaymee xx

proud mummy
Reaction score
Hey,

Just a little advice needed, has everyone changed their babies formula to stage two or follow on at around six months? Jaymee seems perfectly fine with stage one but I heard that you have to move up a level to keep iron levels up in complementing weaning.

xxx

Here it's actually uncommon to use the follow up stuff. Our regular formula is good from birth to 12mo, then we do have a couple options, I think only actually 2 brands though, that is good from 9mo+. I never used it, they used the first one the entire time they were on it and it was the same for everyone else I know that uses formula. Well I take that back, there was one mom that hadher son on the follow up stuff becausehe was so small they wanted the added calories instead of milk. With your stuff is their an age range on the can? Is it made for kids past 6mo? If so and she's fine with it I wouldn't change it, changing formulas can be hard on their bellys while they adjust

No answer here but im wondering the same thing... Not sure whether to change to follow on or not..

i know stage one milks can be used up too 12months but they need more of stage one then stage 3 as it doesnt have the added nutrients they need at 6mnth +. if you look on the bk of the tubs u will see this, n my health visitor told me the reason, yet that didnt make me change rite away, i ended up changeing as wen logan started on solids he drooped his milk intake loads so i thought follow on 3 was best for him.xx

My HV told me it isn't necessary to change to a follow on aslong as LO is still getting pleanty of milk & a varied diet

However I did put Maya on the follow on purely because Tesco didnt have any Stage 1 in lol

I think follow on milk is a con, lol! But thats my personal opinion, by nine months my son was having boiled full fat milk from milk man, figured he's on solids no need for formula and he ate plenty of veg and never had any probs at all. I certainly don't plan to use it for Olivia either.

I think it's entirely a personal choice. No guilt attached!

Erin is still on Aptamil stage 1 - don't think I'll change her over, she seems happy. xx

u can stay on stage 1 till baby is 6 months or for longer thats up to u! i put zane on stage 2 at 2 months cuz he wudnt drink more oz so he had hunghery baby. then at 6 months i moved to stage 3 cuz i didnt want to leave him on hungery baby forever

We swapped to follow on milk because of the extra iron etc. We did look at the ingredients on the pack and it was different. As Elliot isn't properly eating a full balanced diet yet (milk is his main source of food till a year) I feel happier giving it to him. Once he's eating more etc it won't matter as much then.

keely.

my hv said there is no need to switch as weaning will mean they are getting more of what they need, however she did also recommend that I do switch as Chloe is being brought up as a vegetarian so will possibly lack some nutrients in her diet for a while.

in normal circumstances its not necessary, but it is cheaper!!

i never used it with my other 2. chloe stayed on stage 1 milk and connor went from breast milk onto stage 1 then stage 2 as he was very hungry baby then onto cows milk

I used all the different stage milks for Jack and he was fine so I will be doing the same for Rosie....plus it has more iron in the follow on milk which is needed when they get to 6 months as their iron store which they had from birth runs out at 6 months

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->