Food allergy?

Jary

Mummy to Alice 10/05/13
Reaction score
My LO is 5 months old. Two weeks ago she started getting green diarrhoea with mucus when normally she would go every few days and her poo would be mustard yellow.

I took her to the docs last week and she said it could be a dairy allergy. So she asked me to cut out dairy for a week (tho I know it takes a month to get out your system). So I've been trying but I'm always coming across some dairy on my diet. I've certainly cut down the amount I've consumed but finding it hard to cut it out completely.

LO is well in herself. She does appear to have cramps when she feeds tho.

But I wondered if babies can suddenly get an allergy? I would have thought the moment the cows milk proteins entered my milk then she would have the signs. Why has this suddenly started? I haven't changed my diet so the only other option was maybe an infection. It does smell pretty awful at times. Sample was sent off to be sure anyway.

I'm just confused because this has come on so suddenly when before nothing seemed to upset her :\

Any ideas? Any mums have a similar situation?

I think allergies can come at any time. My lo is only 4 weeks but had the green mucusy poo. I found out I had an oversupply and she was only getting the fore milk, not the hind milk. Since then, I either pump for a full ten to fifteen minutes or block feed her. It worked and her BMs are now back to normal. Could it be from that?

I don't think so. My milk is pretty well established and I make sure she finishes one boob before trying the next and she seems satisfied.

I'm just hoping it'll settle down soon. Her poor bum got so sore last week :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"