food allergy???

bumpsmum

Mummy to Matthew & Daniel
Reaction score
Matthew has a very nasty looking rash under his chin and down his neck which we presumed was from excessive drooling from teething and using vaseline as a barrier, but now I see less severe spots (how his neck started out) behind his knees and skin folds behind his elbows and the nape of his neck, they look like patches. The only thing I can think that has changed lately is WEANING cant get a Dr app til the week after next! HV visiting tomo thou so gonna get her to check this - think maybe its dairy or wheat?? I have IBS and too much wheat causes me problems.

Does anyone who's LO have any imtolerances describe how they present ie dairy or certain foods? x

Could it possibly be eczema? Just a thought as I have been looking into this as Dylan has a rash around his mouth at the minute. Apparently it commonly starts around the mouth and then can present itself behind the knees and elbows, on the neck and also on the scalp. I'm going to get Dylan to the doctors if it doesn't go soon, just as a precaution xxx

You're probably sorted now, but... If the rash had a pattern down his neck and chest like "paint dripping" it's probably allergy (so the paediatrician said). Maybe eczema in his creases.

My LO has both, but keeping a food diary really helps work out what causes it.

If it happens again and there's ANY swelling - go straight to A&E.

Good luck
x

Just seeing this....

Hayden had a dairy intolerance....not a true allergy. But he would break out in bumps all over, it started on his face then traveled down his body. Before we figured it out it got so bad some of them looked like huge white heads about to burst. He also got a really upset stomach and was crying from gas pains

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->