food aversions!!

mrsstrezy

Reaction score
So I expected when I got pregnant that I'd have to deal with some morning sickness...maybe even that I would B ravenous!! So far, I've had mild manageable nausea. I never expected however to be repulsed by MOST foods!! I feel so bad....most of the food that actually sounds good to me for a very brief amount of time...is complete junk..like fast food and pizza. I used to love cooking and baking and was a real foodie! I feel bad for my husband because I like to cook for him and always planned our meals a week in advance. Now I'm finding it very hard to do this, as I don't know what's going to repulse me on a day to day basis. Going out to eat sounds terrible. I know I can't really help it, but I just feel bad. I don't want to be so high maintenance. And I'm just sad that I don't enjoy food right now. Anyone else?? I know I could have it a lot worse and probably shouldn't B complaining.

Oh and another question...anybody have food aversions like this and have it get better in the second tri?

I had many, and I mean many food aversions. It was very hard for me to eat during the first tri. Pretty much if I could eat it, even if it was fast food, I did, because I needed to eat. Doctor kind of said something about it, but after I said at least I could keep it down (and I haven't gained weight yet), she shut up about it. I'm 16 weeks now, and I still have some food aversions, but it has gotten better. I finally am able to eat, and enjoy it.

Im 9 weeks and no sickness at all but NOTHING sounds good for an evening meal. Its frustrating going food shopping and hubby coming up with meal ideas as we walk round and me just going "no, no, no.." To everything he suggests. I have to wait until that evening and its normally a takeaway of some description. Ive had a lot of mcdonalds kids meals because my appetite is reduced so the small portion is enough for me and I always like mcdonalds hehehe.

I had HG with my DD and bad MS with this one so far. Food aversions are awful. All I can face nibbling at is utter rubbish - like you said, pizza etc. I remember being scared with my first that I would never be able to cook again.. I'm a foodie also, always knocking up a casserole or a fancy cake etc. I couldn't do it until 25 weeks ish but I promise you it does get better. you do get yourself back again.

my only advice for now is to eat what you fancy. Even if it is pizza every day. You'll soon get back to a healthy diet.. xx

Just seeing someone else type 'food aversions' makes me feel sick thinking of all the foods I've gone off at the moment. I don't have any advice but I'm with you there!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->