Food budget!

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Whats your food budget/spends a week on food shopping!

I'm going to try home delivery again ... well I'm waiting on it between 10-12 grrr bet its 12! I hated the alternatives they provided me before.

It's so expensive - Yesterday I bought little really went for a weeks shop - we're having a salad week & it came to £60 which I though based on what is in my basket a bit much! Thats for a week!

ours is strange, it can vairey from week to week.

We budget for about £80 a week but it never works out like that, some weeks we will do about £100, but then the next 2 weeks we will only top up so about £40 ish.

Id say avarge is about £350 a month

x

my last online shop was £160 and that was with £40 off(was origionally £200) that included 2 boxes of nappies at £10 each and 4 tubs of milk, but foodwise was only a week of teas!!!! :blush:

We do alternate week shops. We have a big shop totalling £60 and then the next week itll be £30.

The £60 one we get quite alot of stuff, 70-80 items but we do buy alot of shop brands, plus we get a 10% discount on top so we can add a little extra in.

Crazy isn't it.

We went to Somerfield last week because its the closest near us & we just wanted to pop in grab some bits - I think it was £47 which was BAD for what we had won't shop there again!

im so bad wen it comes 2 shoppin, but i do spend alot on organic meats etc, i do a frozen shop in farmfoods which has nvr been more thn £40 anf fills my freezer :D

thinking about it, we havent done a full shop in a while, we are just topping up what we have got each week lol

x

I need a bigger freezer. When we move I'm going to see if I can go with OHs Mum to the butcher she uses & get a month of meats then do the top up at Tesco each week I think - not sure if we have Farmfoods & I like that shop, must check that.

i used to have a chest freezer, was a big mistake tho, i topped up on shit n ended up binnin it every so often! i now have a 3 drawer freezer which i fill as necessary :D

We used to do little shops at somerfield if we ran out of something as it was nearest, never do it now. No need if Rob is at Asda most of the week lol.

We occasionally go to farmfoods too, though ours is small and crap.

i used to have a chest freezer, was a big mistake tho, i topped up on shit n ended up binnin it every so often! i now have a 3 drawer freezer which i fill as necessary :D

lol we did that too, we got rid of ours in the end, we had it aswell as a 3 draw one.

Handy for xmas but pointless the rest of teh year

x

Our shop comes to about £50 a week. We just buy the same things every week apart from when the washing powder etc runs out but generally pretty much exactly the same.

I just got my Tesco shop & it has the find Maddie banner on the invoice :D

between £500-600 a month but its never enough,that isnt including nappies and milk. Nightmare!

We have the big American style fridge-freezer, which are brilliant coz things don't get lost at the bottom. I try to fill that at the beginning of the month and then I only need to get fresh fruit, veg and milk etc each week.

You don't want to see it today although!!!!!:dohh:

Sinead

Weve got an American fridge freezer and a stand alone freezer. Spent £216 at Asda yesterday-pay day ha ha then £70 at Farmfoods.

The Adsa shop included nappies tho so not bad.

Wil need to do a few mini shops throughout the month tho as it dont last long!

All depends really but i end up spending sometimes about up to 60+ a week all depends on what i want but i can generaly get all the bits we need each month for between 150/200 pound better than the other half reckoning we can get by on 30 pound a month :rofl:

Usually between £40 and £60 a week. I might try doing some shopping online for the next couple of months. DH thinks he's heard of a supermarket that'll do free delivery on orders for mid-week delivery.... any ideas who it might be?

It's not Tescos and Sainsburys, although Tescos do seem to do cheaper deliveries on 2 days a week.

mine depends on if we need soap powder and deordant, but can be from under 30 to 60 pound a week that doesn't include nappies and wipes cos i get them from boots, and also depends on if we missed a meal out cos we ate at matty's mum's say or something like that or we only get half meals cos we have already got stuff in.

My budget is £45 including nappies. If i spend anymore the bills dont get paid lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->