Food in the final 6 weeks

PerthLady91

Mummy of two and TTC
Reaction score
So I haven't exactly been eating healthily during this pregnancy.... The first trimester I was extremely ill and lost over 10kgs (first sign of any weight loss in 3 years!) and so barely ate anything and then I was stuck with very pale, bland foods to avoid feeling sick or to combat my constant heartburn!

I don't feel sick very often anymore but I do get heartburn a lot and I am extremely fussy!!

Does anyone have any recipes or advice to keep up energy and good development etc with nice, simple foods (I am a terrible cook also) without too much spice or over-the-top flavour? I know about fruit, nuts, lots of water... it's more trying to find meals and snacks that are tasty, filling and still good for me and baby :)

Sorry for the boring thread :p

Here is a meal I enjoy, which is packed with nutrition.

Make a Mexican-inspired salad with quinoa, kidney beans, grated cheese, fresh tomato, avocado, and corn if you have it. I add fresh chile too, but you could leave that out. Finish it up with a few dollops of plain yogurt and sprinkle fresh cilantro (coriander) on too. Yum! And packed with iron (in the quinoa), protein, and vitamins. Plus it's easy to make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->