Food intolerance testing

sept2010

Mummy and expecting
Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I was wondering if any of you ladies got your LO's tested for food intolerances/allergies before weaning..?

We have a history of food intolerances in our fam so was thinkin of gettin LO tested.. Any ideas as to where i can get one done in the birmingham area? I have come across a private clinic.. She charges 160 pounds for testing & a consultation afterwards if you have any intolerances as to what you can replace that particular food with so you dont miss out on nutrients plus u can ring them anytime after the test with questions.. Do u think its worth the £160?

Also do any of u know of any cheaper places but not compromising on quality of test/service? TIA xx

For £160 id say thats an okay price.
Were having to go through all this but over the NHS because skin problems with a food link became apparent

I would be a bit weary of food tolerance testing unless you GP has advised you to. When they do food testing, you can guarantee they would produce quite a long list, when in fact your LO is okay with the food and at such a young age it would be such a shame and possibly damaging to restrict his diet quite considerably, unless its an allergy against nuts or shellfish where your LO can come to harm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->