Food Stuck In Throat Kinda Feeling?

mrsj13

Reaction score
Hi Everyone :)

This is my first post and I'm 12 weeks 5 days along. My first trimester has been brutal, to say the least. I have battled nausea, fatigue, indigestion, frequent throw ups, no appetite...you name it, I've had it (still do). To be honest, the only thing that bugs me the most is the feeling that something is stuck in my throat...all the time!

I have had no quality of life for last 2 and half months...and I've only been married for 6 months!!! My husband is an epitome of patience and sweetness but the poor thing keeps on expecting for a better day and some action (that's what we call "it") and I've been a total train wreck!!

My question - is there any remedy to the "food stuck in my throat" problem? My doctor keeps on telling me it is absolutely normal and healthy to have these symptoms but I'm at my wit's end :(

Regards
J

I had that bad with my first, it sucked! Made my gag reflex that much more sensitive. I'm praying that I don't get it this time around as it's still early on.

As for remedy, I'm sorry girl I have nothing. I had that feeling all up till birth. The only thing I can say is you do get use to it and work around it. But it does take time 😕 Sorry I'm no help but I do understand your pain!

I had this feeling for a couple of weeks and then it vanished! It will probably come back now I said that! It's a horrid feeling, I feel for you. X

I have this all the time

Even before pregnancy! If I ever find a way to make it go away I'll let you know haha

Thanks for the replies everyone! I have been told chilled milk helps, but somehow I just can't tolerate milk at this moment, the sight of it makes me want to throw up!

BabyGirl999, I am from India, I have been prescribed Rantac for acid reflux, which is pregnancy safe but it doesn't always work :(

I will ask my doctor about Gaviscon or equivalent in India, thanks!

Regards
J

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"