Foods that should be avoided!!

Angelica

Proud mummy :)
Reaction score
Hi girls,

I had my company ball this friday- which is a big posh affair!
Anyway, we were asked for dietary requirements and I mentioned that I'd like chicken only or veg BUT obv couldnt mention that Im preg (as no one at work knows yet)

I just thought I'd read the menu carefully... they had some stilton & veg tart thing for starters & chicken in brnady sauce for main...

I had the starter & a bit of chicken but no sauce!!

I've now read that stilton cheese should be avoided when pregnant & now im a bit worried......

Non-pasturized cheeses should be avoided, and many, but not all, blue cheeses fall into this category. It's because it increases the risk of certain food-bourne infections that can be harmful to the baby. However, it's one of those things that just once (or even 2-3 times) won't hurt. In fact, there are very few things that just one occurence of would hurt the baby. I'm sure you and the baby are fine...though this makes me wonder if we should do a sticky post of foods to avoid during pregnancy. How do the stickies work?

Non-pasturized cheeses should be avoided, and many, but not all, blue cheeses fall into this category. It's because it increases the risk of certain food-bourne infections that can be harmful to the baby. However, it's one of those things that just once (or even 2-3 times) won't hurt. In fact, there are very few things that just one occurence of would hurt the baby. I'm sure you and the baby are fine...though this makes me wonder if we should do a sticky post of foods to avoid during pregnancy. How do the stickies work?

ive been looking for a website myself that specifically tells me what i can and cant eat, each website is different!!! so that would be a help for myself personally.

eatwell.gov.uk is a great site from the Department of Health that outlines what you should or shouldn't eat. It's really simple and easy to follow. I found it really useful. Hope that helps xx xx
:happydance:

I wouldn't worry about the stilton. There probably was not that much, and it was cooked. I can not keep away from the blue cheese, I just love it. I had a to die for salad last night when we were out, the resturant is known for it's blue cheese dressing on an iceburg wedge. OH MY GOD, I love it.

these bad foods are only bad IF they're infected. Chances are it wasnt. Plus it was cooked and that kills bugs.

(Can I eat cooked blue cheese sauces then, can anyone advise??)

Chances are you were fine.
In my first week of knowing i ate a big choc mousse (god it was good) and then realized after it prob had raw egg in it...ahh well, I seem fine from it. I didnt mean to, and I'll not do it again so I forget about it.

I have eaten a few things that i shouldn't have, obviously i didn't know i shouldn't at the time! as long as you dont keep eating it throughout you should be fine

...though this makes me wonder if we should do a sticky post of foods to avoid during pregnancy. How do the stickies work?
There is sticky post here :) https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-club/866-not-eat-during-pregnancy.html
only Admin and Mods can create stickies

I just wanted to say that I agree with everyone in that there probably wasn't that much in there and that it was probably cooked which would take care of the pasteurization issue. Should be good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->