Foody hamper

leoniebabey

mam of 2 boys
Reaction score
Thinking of putting together a little hamper together for fob parents there quite foody and like cooking etc. Going to put in a bottle of something and chocolates but other than that what kinda things would be good to add?

cheap as possible too as money is getting bit tight now.

I would recommend not doing this if on a budget, I did it last year for inlaws and my dad and his gf and it ended up very expensive even buying a mixture of stuff (some lidl and Aldi and some m&s).

Oh really, guess it all adds up.
I literally have no idea what to get them. were not super close as i'm not with ex but they have LO every weekend going to give them one of lo's nursery pictures.
I like to get them a joint thing rather than something each. I can't even remember what i got them last year :doh:
They like food and like their garden and i literally have no idea what else. I was going to maybe get them tickets for a day out with LO but i have no idea of their schedule with work. grrr.

I'm getting my inlaws and dad and his gf a restaurant voucher this year X what about something like that or cinema tickets?

I'm getting my inlaws and dad and his gf a restaurant voucher this year X what about something like that or cinema tickets?

There not really cinema goers that i know but will deffo look for restaurants that do vouchers :thumbup:

A hamper could be good as you can put how ever much you want in it so you can make it as cheap or expensive as you want, maybe just buy a small wicker basket and put in a bottle of wine, chocolates, some little fancy jam's, maybe a cook book etc?

I did one for my neighbors last year and i put in some summer sausage, crackers, little jam's, chocolates, a mug each with a hot cocoa pack in each, some hard candies,and a bottle of wine,it wasn't too bad price wise, and they loved it.

A hamper could be good as you can put how ever much you want in it so you can make it as cheap or expensive as you want, maybe just buy a small wicker basket and put in a bottle of wine, chocolates, some little fancy jam's, maybe a cook book etc?

I did one for my neighbors last year and i put in some summer sausage, crackers, little jam's, chocolates, a mug each with a hot cocoa pack in each, some hard candies,and a bottle of wine,it wasn't too bad price wise, and they loved it.

cook book is a fab idea! didn't think of that! thanks!

I've done food hampers before and some things I've put in are jams, marmalades, chutneys, pickles, jars of anti pasti stuff (like olives, sun dried toms, artichokes, anchovies, etc), flavoured oils, balsamic vinegar, chilli/hot sauces, spices/rubs/marinades, cured meats like salami/chorizo etc, sweets, panettone, stollen, dried fruits, nuts.

They had a good selection of some nice looking things in Aldi when I went in the other day and they were reasonably priced.

I've done food hampers before and some things I've put in are jams, marmalades, chutneys, pickles, jars of anti pasti stuff (like olives, sun dried toms, artichokes, anchovies, etc), flavoured oils, balsamic vinegar, chilli/hot sauces, spices/rubs/marinades, cured meats like salami/chorizo etc, sweets, panettone, stollen, dried fruits, nuts.

They had a good selection of some nice looking things in Aldi when I went in the other day and they were reasonably priced.

thankyou, didn't think of aldi! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->