For all you ladies close to the end...

catty

Reaction score
Hey,

So i am just at the start of third tri so feel really far away from birth compared to alot of you ladies,

Just wondering if you had any tips at all and things you wish you did differently.

Im so excited to get further along like most of use :):)

I wish I would have taken more pictures week to week. To show progression and so I would know when I dropped lol it's all just amazing

I feel like the end is so far away too :) Im just trying to make the most of everything coz I know I miss my bump once baby is here lol. This will also be my last time around so want to treasure every kick and hiccup :)

As a PP poster said, I wish I'd taken more bump pictures. In fact, I don't thinki have ANY!! :( but I certainly recommended making the most of having a bump as you will miss it, cherish very moment, every movement as you will feel strangle "empty" after baby is born!

Have as many dinner dates or cinema dates with OH as possible, get a mum to be massage or pamper day and get ur hair done :) xxx

This is my first, so I don't have any way to compare it, but I would say stay active. I worked up until a couple of weeks ago, and it did get hard for the last couple of weeks I worked, but I would have been so stir crazy if I had been homebound for a whole month. Also, I kept going to my exercise class 3 times a week until a couple of weeks ago, and I think that will help when it comes to labor and also the postpartum period. It did get to where it was a little to difficult to keep up, so I decided to take the last few weeks off, but I'm glad I did it as long as I did.
Now, the next suggestion I have might sound contradictory to the first, but if you have major reorganizing to do, moving stuff around, putting furniture together, etc., get it done as soon as you can. I wasn't able to get to it until I stopped working, and it was just harder due to my size and energy level. Plus it's too much of a strain to be trying to move heavy things - and heavy has a different definition when you're pregnant. Luckily my hubby was able to do most of it.
Definitely pay attention to your body, and don't push yourself too much. I've had a hard time slowing down enough to gauge my limits, and have overexerted myself a few times. Give yourself enough rest, let people pamper you if they want to, eat well, drink plenty of water, treat yourself here and there - you deserve it!
Oh, and one more thing... write in a pregnancy journal, baby book or both. I've just looked back at my journal, and even though I have only been writing in it once or twice a month since we were TTC, it was cool to revisit the journey, and I just hope I can keep it up once the baby is here. (I've been meaning to start the baby book, but haven't yet. Might get to it this weekend...)
anyway, good luck! And enjoy the third trimester, you're almost there!

Enjoy being still on a smaller side & somewhat more comfortable. I feel like after my 30th weeks I just started getting so much bigger in the belly & it became extremely uncomfortable. Before the 30th week I was still some what okay and able to do so much & not feel tired. At this point I feel like I just want the 40th week to be here asap and can't seem to come as fast as i would like it to. i developed so many new symptoms after the 30th weeks, driving me insane. dizziness(almost fainting), extreme ribs pain, back pain got worse, feet pain, belly started itching like crazy. so def. enjoy while u still can, toward the end it gets a bit harder. So I wish I enjoyed my time of going out and going place more before the 30th week when it was easier. Also, def. take the every week pictures (i did that and even though i don't wanna look at any of those pics until after the baby is born, it's good to know they are there)

If id had known how hard iv found it and with experiencing sciatica and spd I would have finished work earlier...i finished at 36 weeks im a nurse and do 13hr shifts and really felt shattered every day so I would have finished earlier...altho i am going mad at home lol and i clean for england its fab to knw i can just.sit if i need to or nap lol!! Xxx

I wish I'd made more of driving and my freedom to get around - I'm 35 weeks, but because I'm short - bump is virtually touching the steering wheel and I can't put the seat any further back or I won't be able to reach the pedals, so I've only been driving when it's absolutely essential for the last few weeks - feeling fed up of being reliant on other people.

I wish I'd made more of driving and my freedom to get around - I'm 35 weeks, but because I'm short - bump is virtually touching the steering wheel and I can't put the seat any further back or I won't be able to reach the pedals, so I've only been driving when it's absolutely essential for the last few weeks - feeling fed up of being reliant on other people.

snap!

Now i'm on #2, I would say ENJOY your final trimester and try not to wish it away so fast. On the contrary to those saying keep busy / working, i'd say relax. If it's your first you're never going to have this 'you' time again for a very long time. Organise / nest / go out for walks / do something you enjoy. Take lots of bump pictures and cherish all those little movements before it's all over and baby is in your arms x

Thanks for the advice is really useful!! I have tried to take a bump pic every week or 2nd week and have attempted to keep a diary (always forget to update it though)
I would say i am keeping fairly active i still walk to work and back but i think this may need to stop soon as by the time i get to work im pretty exhausted!!

Really tryig to save money and not waste t but at the same time want to keep doing nice things whilst i can as i know itl be rare to have a meal out etc once baby comes along.
I have 7 more weeks of work and want the nursery finished by then (its not even started yet)
thanks for the advice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"