For anyone who has pre ordered mass effect 3

smokey

Mummy to a monkey
Reaction score
If anyone has pre ordered it from game there has been a big muck up and game or gamestation wont be stocking it so youll have to get your money back.
Im annoyed because they eill only offer store credit.
Just been chatting with a friend that works there and so many people will ne annoyed and everywhere else is selling out.

Suppose this means I wont loose oh to the xbox for ages though

If they've sold it and won't be stocking it then they can't refuse a full refund - there's no way I'd just accept store credit!

Its not technicaly there fault ea wont give them the game, they only have to give cash refund if its their fault, still going to argue it out that I dont want store credit though

At the end of the day you've paid for something they can't provide - regardless of who's fault it is.

Steve's been telling me game are in big trouble though - they can't afford to give refunds which is why they are giving store credit. They're close to going into administration. I said that's their problem not the customers!

Bit of a generalisation that it's only the MEN who might be interested in video games isn't it? I won't personally pre-order anything from Game because they mucked up the last thing I did spectacularly (pre-ordered for a bonus code that only they had - they didn't release the codes until I did a LOT of pushing them to do so).

They ARE doing refunds PLUS the store credit - from their FB statement on this:

We value you as a customer very highly and want to demonstrate that to you by giving you a voucher code worth £5 off your next purchase and if you have placed a deposit with us, you’ll receive full refund*." (it's linked on their Twitter and Facebook pages if anyone wants to find the actual link). The people really hit by it are those who'd traded in a load of games to get the store credit to pre-order via Game.

But basically lots of their suppliers know they're financially in a very shaky position - they wanted EA to give them the game on credit basically, and EA's refused to do so - as have Nintendo as far as I know, and Sony are putting stickers on all their stuff saying it's not to be opened in the store and remains the property of Sony until it's sold (although to me that translates as a huge great "disc actually in box - shoplift this one please") to try to cover their backs in the event of Game going under.

Won't be sad for the Game chain itself - will be sad for the Gamestation offshoot since the guys in our local one are pretty cool, actually accept there are girl gamers out there (instead of doing the "oh are you buying it for your husband" crap) and know their stuff.

Theres a awful lot of rumours that both game and game station are about to go into administration..it will be a shame as there tends to be one of each in every town so that will be even more empty shops before long as I doubt they will find a buyer if it does!

Being a big gamer, I'd like to put my two cents in.

GAME Group Ltd have been in trouble for a while. They own all of the GAME and Gamestation stores in the UK. They very nearly went into administration due to the banks refusing to give them credit in advance for them to get games from game developers.

The banks have decided to help them out, but only till December this year, after that point, they either have to be able to cope themselves, or they'll die.

Three big gaming companies are now refusing to deal with Game Group Ltd due to non-payment for games they have been receiving (due to them selling them at a higher price than other retailers, they have been failing to meet the required number of sales to pay back the companies in full).

These three gaming companies are Nintendo, EA and Ubisoft. GAME and Gamestation will no longer be offering any future game from each of the three companies, and as such, have cancelled all preorders.

They are not giving refunds because you do not pay up front. If you paid a £5 deposit (which is instore only) then you will receive that back, via the method you paid (cash, card, etc). Furthermore, they are also handing out £5 store credit to everyone who has been affected as an apology.

All of the preorders that GAME and Gamestation received have now been allocated to other shops, meaning that other stores now have extra stock. This does not mean that your preorder is okay though, you will have to reorder from a different store.

Preorders of the Mass Effect 3 N7 Collector's Edition, which had sold out on GAME and Gamestation's websites, and in stores, had been put up via these retailers yesterday: Zavvi, Amazon UK, Play.com and ShopTo. However, most, if not all, of the stock sold out within hours.

That's pretty much all I have to say :haha: I got my preorder for the CE placed instantly, before GAME had even cancelled mine, to ensure I didn't miss out :D xx

It wasnt a generalisation as im a huge gamer myself it was mearly put that way because of all the post that come out whenever a new big game is released about how many become become xbox widows, no matter how many females play games there will always be three timrs as many males that play them.
It wad a post about not getting it on time from game not ment to be anything to do with sexism about gamers so doesnt realy need to turn that way.
Also the reason they are not stocking it is not because they wanted it on credit its because EA made un reasonable demands for how much the company had to buy, they wanted game to buy nearly four times the amount then game new they would be able to sell and woulndt lower the orders which would force game to either reduce prices drasticly to sell them or be left with to much stock.
EA then turned around and said if they didnt take that amount then EA would no longer supply any games to them.
There is still a chance Game will stock it as they are in negotiations over it but im not supposed to know that :)

EEK, oh is RAGING. He preordered it 3 months ago and has never had an email or contact from GAME to say they wont have it, and now the Collectors edition is sold out everywhere.

When did they email to say they could fullfill orders? I really think that EA should release more collectors editions - - - as I can see in light of this eBay will probably be flooded with £100++ editions for sale

EEK, oh is RAGING. He preordered it 3 months ago and has never had an email or contact from GAME to say they wont have it, and now the Collectors edition is sold out everywhere.

When did they email to say they could fullfill orders? I really think that EA should release more collectors editions - - - as I can see in light of this eBay will probably be flooded with £100++ editions for sale

They wernt even going to tell the public about the problem yet, it got leaked to the news so they had to make a quick announcment on facebook of all places not even on their own website, they where hoping to get it sorted before anyone knew.

Game had an exsclusive with their preorders for a specific gun or armour or somthing so now no one will get that :)
That im aware of only play.com where offering pcecial editions after it all got released.
My mate is peed because now he doesnt get his staff discount :)

They wernt even going to tell the public about the problem yet, it got leaked to the news so they had to make a quick announcment on facebook of all places not even on their own website, they where hoping to get it sorted before anyone knew.

Game had an exsclusive with their preorders for a specific gun or armour or somthing so now no one will get that :)
That im aware of only play.com where offering pcecial editions after it all got released.

The emails went out yesterday and it wasn't only play that had the N7 Collector's Edition. Zavvi, Play.com, Sainsburys, Amazon UK and ShopTo.net. All retailers sold out in a matter of hours though.

EA is announcing what is happening about the Preorder bonuses sometime soon, as they are going to rectify it (or at least try to) so hopefully we'll all get our preorder bonuses after all xx

Also, I've had it preordered since it was announced, at the start of June last year - needless to say, I wasn't happy either, but quickly hunted down the new retailers to ensure I got my copy ordered xx

And furthermore, EA won't release more Collector's Editions, they just handed the allocations over to other retailers. Collector's Editions are that for a reason, they are collectible so not many are made (although, with most big gaming companies, that still means hundreds of thousands :/) xx

The emails went out yesterday and it wasn't only play that had the N7 Collector's Edition. Zavvi, Play.com, Sainsburys, Amazon UK and ShopTo.net. All retailers sold out in a matter of hours though.

EA is announcing what is happening about the Preorder bonuses sometime soon, as they are going to rectify it (or at least try to) so hopefully we'll all get our preorder bonuses after all xx

Sorry what I ment was once it all went widely public it was only play that I could find the special edition on, all other places had sold out of it or where putting a hold on ordering, havnt looked today so dont know if there is more available again.
We never got a email though I only found out yesterday morning because my mate phoned me (he could have got into alot of trouble for it) then later that day it went public, like I say it wasnt ment to go public yet.

Also, I've had it preordered since it was announced, at the start of June last year - needless to say, I wasn't happy either, but quickly hunted down the new retailers to ensure I got my copy ordered xx

Same here, had it ordered for about 6 months.
Sadly I didnt get another preorder for a collecters edition because my card doesnt like doing online ordering and even though I had advance warning by the time I got home and a chance to order it most places sold out so I just grabbed one from amazon while I had chance.
My mate got 2 ordered though so I may get one off him.

Yeah I almost struggled to get another one ordered as my card is funny too, but I already had my card set up on play.com so I preordered there, but then found it £5 cheaper on ShopTo, so tried to register there, failed, tried again with OH's card, succeeded and have now paid :D

ShopTo are giving out the preorder bonuses, just noticed there when I logged on to pay up front xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->